Dana M. Seshens
Ms. Seshens is a partner in Davis Polk’s Litigation Department. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, securities class actions, and bankruptcy litigation. She has extensive experience representing corporate clients and professional firms with respect to a wide range of civil litigation and advisory matters.
- NBC Universal LLC in a putative class action brought by former college football and basketball players asserting, among other things, right of publicity and antitrust claims
- Comcast Corporation and certain affiliates in bankruptcy proceedings and related litigation concerning Comcast SportsNet Houston
- Aetna Inc. in:
- Shareholder litigation arising out of Aetna’s proposed acquisition of Humana Inc.
- Securities litigation concerning Aetna's disclosure of information related to political contributions
- Shareholder litigation arising out of Aetna’s acquisition of Coventry Health Care, Inc.
- Comcast Corporation as trial counsel in class action antitrust litigation
- Sterling Equities and the owners of the New York Mets in the Madoff liquidation proceeding
- Morgan Stanley in putative securities class action and other litigation related to residential mortgage-backed securities
- A major financial institution as trial counsel in avoidance and common-law tort litigation arising out of the bankruptcy of Adelphia Communications Corp.
- A consortium of lending institutions as trial counsel in litigation arising out of the leveraged buyout of Clear Channel Communications
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in connection with various proceedings related to events at Tyco International, Ltd.
Ms. Seshens is recognized for her work in the legal industry:
- Law360 – “Rising Star”: Securities (Read "Rising Star: Davis Polk's Dana Seshens”)
She is a member of Davis Polk’s Securities Litigation Group, which was named:
Chambers USA – Band 1: Securities Litigation
The American Lawyer – “Securities Litigation Department of the Year” finalist, 2014
Law360 – “Securities Group of the Year,” 2013
- Board Member, New York Lawyers for the Public Interest
- Partner, 2011-present
- Associate, 2003-2011
- Law Clerk, Hon. Carol Bagley Amon, U.S. District Court, E.D. New York, 2002-2003