Susan D. Kennedy
Ms. Kennedy is counsel in Davis Polk’s Real Estate Group. Her practice includes real estate acquisitions and dispositions, secured lending transactions (including multi-state secured financings), sale-leaseback and other leasing transactions, real estate joint ventures, partnerships and funds, real estate fund investments, real estate investment trusts (REITs), and real estate mortgage securitizations and hotel development, joint ventures and construction financings.
In her pro bono practice, she has represented Settlement Housing Fund, South Street Seaport Museum, Gay Men’s Health Crisis, Kids with Kids, Cathedral of St. John the Divine and Hour Children.
- Development and financing of multiple hotels in Orlando, Florida by Universal Parks & Resorts and joint venture with Loews Hotels
- A European hotel joint venture for Host Hotels & Resorts
- Real estate investment fund reviews for The Church Pension Fund
- Financing by Credit Suisse to construct two casinos and related property in Ohio
- Subscription line and secured lending transactions for Stockbridge Real Estate Fund
- Mortgage financings for the Von Finck family, and lenders, including JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Sale-leaseback transactions for Federal Express Corporation, Philip Morris Capital Corporation, Prudential Securities and other lenders
- EB-5 immigrant financing transactions
- Tax-advantaged REITs for J.P. Morgan, Wal-Mart and Walt Disney
- Credit tenant loan securitizations for First Union and PaineWebber
- Counsel, 1998-present
- Associate, 1985-1998
- Law Clerk, Hon. Kevin Thomas Duffy, U.S. District Court, S.D. New York, 1983-1985