Mr. Jun is an associate in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Tokyo office. A native English and Korean speaker and fluent in Japanese, he joined the firm’s Tokyo office in 2018. He advises primarily on cross-border M&A and capital markets transactions.
- Tokyo Century Corporation in connection with its $3 billion acquisition of the remaining 75.5% interest it does not own in Aviation Capital Group LLC from Pacific Life Insurance Company
OKI Electric Industry Co., Ltd. in the sale of OKI Brazil's IT services and software assets for banks and retailers to NCR Corporation
Selected representations before joining Davis Polk
Kyushu Electric Power Co., Inc. and Shikoku Electric Power Co., Inc. in their acquisitions of indirect equity interests in South Field Energy LLC, a 1,182MW combined-cycle gas turbine power project located in Ohio
Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation in its acquisition of Cleanpart Group GmbH from a private equity fund managed by Deutsche Beteiligungs AG
- Uzabase, Inc. in its acquisition of Quartz Media LLC from Atlantic Media, Inc.
Sompo Holdings, Inc. in its $6.3 billion acquisition of Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd.
Alps Electric Co., Ltd. and Alpine Electronics, Inc. in connection with their US$794.7 million business integration involving a registration on Form F-4 with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Multiple Japanese companies as U.S. counsel in connection with their business combination transactions involving a registration exemption under Rule 802 of the U.S. Securities Act and filing of Form CBs
Multiple Japanese companies in connection with their ongoing U.S. disclosure obligations
- Associate, Davis Polk since 2018
- Associate, Shearman & Sterling LLP, Tokyo, 2016-2018
- Associate, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, Tokyo, 2015-2016
- Foreign Law Clerk, Yanagida & Partners, Tokyo, 2013-2015