Director, Business Systems
Monday through Friday, various shifts (additional hours as required; weekends and after hours availability at times).
Hybrid schedule that requires in-office work three days a week.
The Business Analyst / Junior Developer is responsible for gathering, analyzing, and documenting business and technical requirements; conducting thorough application reviews and crafting functional documentation; leading quality assurance and testing efforts; performing data analysis and modeling; designing and developing applications; and contributing to software development projects.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their needs and produce detailed business requirements for implementation by our development team
- Analyze complex business processes, workflows, and data flows to identify opportunities for improvement and efficiency gains
- Create clear and concise functional and technical documentation, including process diagrams, users stories, and use cases
- Work closely with senior developers to assist in the design, development, and testing of software solutions.
- Develop proficiency in programming languages, tools, and development methodologies.
- Extract, transform, and analyze data to support business decision-making and identify trends or anomalies
- Thoroughly test and validate software applications to ensure they align with business requirements, function correctly, and perform as expected
- Evaluate and recommend software products while overseeing the design and testing processes
- Demonstrates strong technical skills and proficiency knowledge in multiple programming languages, along with a deep understanding of IT concepts, technologies, and software development methodologies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, capable of conveying technical concepts to non-technical individuals
- Creative thinker who excels in problem-solving, with a strong analytical mindset and meticulous attention to detail
- Excels in various programming languages and frameworks, including but not limited to C#, VB.NET, VBScript, PHP, ASP.NET Core, Python, WebAPI, and SOAP
- Skilled in SQL and database technologies and understanding of database concepts, data modeling, and data analysis
- Competent in utilizing reporting tools such as Reporting Services and Excel, and proficient in data visualization tools like Tableau and PowerBI
- Experience with source control systems, including Git, GitHub, TFS, and SVN
- Exhibits adaptability and willingness to learn new skills and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a technical role, such as a business analyst, software developer, or QA engineer
- Prior experience in a professional services organization strongly preferred
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $120,000 - $140,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, anticipated assignment, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.