Assistant Manager, EDGAR/Compliance
Monday through Thursday, 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. and Friday 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Additional hours as required.
The EDGAR/Compliance Specialist is responsible for the conversion, revision and submission of SEC compliance documents.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Convert documents into SEC compliant format
- Set up submission folders for filing purposes; verify form-type(s); validate filing codes; confirm documents meet SEC rule requirements; calculate filing fees and offsets where applicable; check SEC account balance; validate filings to ensure SEC EDGAR compliance; submit filings to SEC; complete billing
- Revise and distribute EDGAR documents per clients’ request
- Proficiency in tagging 8-K cover pages requiring iXBRL files
- Provide assistance to clients and legal staff with EDGAR filing matters and questions
- In-depth knowledge of EDGAR conversion tools (GoFiler)
- Knowledge of HTML coding techniques
- XBRL – general understanding of its purpose and when iXBRL is required; know how to validate XBRL files, troubleshoot, and resolve issues
- Knowledge of SEC compliance filing requirements
- Ability to understand and apply existing SEC rules and regulations and keep abreast of rule changes
- Ability to manage a varied workload and meet deadlines
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other applications as needed
- Must be able to work collaboratively with lawyers and staff, demonstrating strong teamwork and a positive attitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to proofread typed material for typographical, spelling, and grammatical errors
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline driven and client-facing environment
- Ensure confidentiality of all the Firm’s and clients’ documentation and information
- College degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $80,000 - $90,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, anticipated assignment, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.