Susan D. Kennedy
Sue’s practice includes real estate acquisitions and dispositions, complex secured lending transactions, sale-leasebacks and other leasing transactions, real estate joint ventures, partnerships and funds, and hotel development, joint ventures and construction financings.
In her pro bono practice, she has represented Settlement Housing Fund, Gay Men’s Health Crisis, Kids with Kids, Cathedral of St. John the Divine and Hour Children.
- Development and financing of multiple hotels in Orlando, Florida by Universal Parks & Resorts and joint venture with Loews Hotels
- A European hotel joint venture for Host Hotels & Resorts
- Real estate investment fund reviews for The Church Pension Fund
- Financing by Credit Suisse to construct two casinos and related property in Ohio
- Subscription line and secured lending transactions for Stockbridge Real Estate Fund
- Mortgage financings for the Von Finck family, and lenders, including JPMorgan Chase Bank
- EB-5 immigrant financing transactions
- Tax-advantaged REITs for J.P. Morgan, Wal-Mart and Walt Disney
- Credit tenant loan securitizations for First Union and PaineWebber
- Survey Editor, St. John's Law Review
- Counsel, 1998-present
- Associate, 1985-1998