Jung Eun Choi
Associate in our Financial Institutions practice.
Jung Eun advises major international and U.S. banks, fintechs and other financial companies on a wide range of financial regulatory matters, including the requirements, impact and implementation of U.S. financial regulations. She is experienced in advising on strategic bank regulatory and financial reform issues, as well as compliance with regulatory supervisory and enforcement actions, related to the Bank Holding Company Act, the Volcker Rule, authority and control matters and the preparation of resolution plans.
Her practice also includes advice to U.S. and non-U.S. banks and other financial institutions on bank regulatory considerations in connection with a variety of transactional matters, including capital markets offerings and M&A transactions, and advice to digital asset and blockchain business companies on financial regulatory considerations, including trust company charters and the BitLicense.
- Bread Financial Holdings $600 million senior notes offering
- Morgan Stanley Bank 3(a)(2) program and inaugural $1.5 billion offering
- UBS $3.2 billion acquisition of Credit Suisse
- VersaBank acquisition of Stearns Bank Holdingford
- Sallie Mae acquisition of Nitro College
- Jeeves $57 million Series B equity financing round
- Alliance Data Systems acquisition of Bread
- Amerant Bancorp $60 million notes offering
- AEGON N.V. $925 Million Subordinated Notes Offering
- Synchrony Financial $750 Million Senior Notes Offering
- Synchrony Financial $1.25 Billion Senior Notes Offering
- Scholar in Law Award
- Associate Editor, Washington University Global Studies Law Review
- Davis Polk since 2015
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York