Linda Chatman Thomsen to Speak at PLI’s “Storming the Gatekeepers” Program
Davis Polk partner Linda Chatman Thomsen will be among the speakers at PLI’s “Storming the Gatekeepers: When Compliance Officers and In-House Lawyers Are at Risk” program, which will discuss the government’s increased focus on compliance. Thomsen will lead the discussion on “The Government’s Perspective: Duties of In-House Counsel and Compliance Professionals.” Topics discussed will include:
- The government’s view on how in-house counsel and compliance officers can and should discharge their duties
- What does the DOJ consider in evaluating the conduct of in-house counsel and compliance personnel?
- How do the SEC and FINRA scrutinize the knowledge and actions of in-house counsel and compliance personnel?
- When is proceeding against an employer for compliance failures not sufficient?
- When does a lawyer or compliance officer cross the line into criminal behavior?
- Can lawyers or compliance officers be whistleblowers?
The program will be held on September 5, 2018, in New York.
For more information, please visit the event website.