Leor Landa to chair PLI’s 22nd Annual Private Equity Forum; Michael Hong to speak on "Issues for New Managers" panel
On April 29, 2021, Davis Polk Private Funds/Investment Management head Leor Landa will chair the Practising Law Institute’s 22nd Annual Private Equity Forum. Partner Michael Hong will also be a speaker at the event.
Landa will give the program’s opening remarks and speak on the “Evolution of the Secondaries Market” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- 2020 market overview
- Review of LP portfolio sales
- Review of LP interest tenders
- GP-led recaps
- Preferred equity structures
Hong will speak on the “Issues for New Managers” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- The growth of the market for emerging managers (or “first-time” fund sponsors) and the factors contributing to its growth
- An overview of the unique marketing and legal challenges that emerging managers face in starting their businesses
- The primary “friction-points” in fund terms that emerging managers must be prepared for
- Lessons learned in raising a first-time fund before, during and on the back-end of the Covid-19 pandemic
For more information, please visit the event website.