Head of Investment Management. Advises on the formation and operation of private funds and complex secondary transactions, as well as on related regulatory matters.
Leor is the head of our Investment Management practice. He advises a wide range of clients on the formation and operation of private investment funds, including private equity funds, hedge funds, credit funds, secondary funds, real estate funds, funds of funds and advisory platforms.
He is widely recognized as a leading adviser for complicated secondary transactions, including GP-led secondaries, and he has deep experience advising on acquisitions, dispositions, seeds and spinouts of investment advisers. Leor also represents several large institutional investors that invest in private funds.
He regularly provides regulatory and compliance advice to his private fund clients.
- Leading real estate secondary sponsor in connection with a $1.5 billion real estate secondary fundraise
- GrowthCurve Capital on its launch
- Reverence Capital Partners in connection with the $1.25 billion fund raise of its second buyout fund, Reverence Capital Partners Opportunities Fund II
- Varagon Capital Partners in connection with a potential buyout of a minority interest in the Varagon business by a strategic partner and a related $3 billion investment
- A global bank’s alternative investment group in connection with multiple single-asset or concentrated GP-led secondaries and LP portfolio sales
- A global bank’s alternative investment group in various private fundraisings
- Coller Capital on multiple GP-led secondaries
- Avenue Capital on the formation of multiple credit funds
- Alphadyne on the development of new investment funds and structures
- Passport Capital on the formation of several digital currency funds
- Baron Capital on launching several innovative fund products
- RoundTable Healthcare Partners on the formation of its Equity Fund V which raised an aggregate of $700 million in capital commitments
- PJT Partners on its joint venture with Nasdaq Private Market, a business of Nasdaq, Inc., to provide enhanced execution capabilities for general GP-led secondary transactions
- Blackstone on the formation of Strategic Partners Fund VII, L.P., a $7.5 billion secondaries fund focused on generating attractive, risk-adjusted returns by acquiring portfolios of high-quality private equity interests and co-investments
- Czech Asset Management on the formation of the SJC Direct Lending Fund III complex, a $1.8 billion direct lending fund
Chambers USA and Global – Investment Funds: Private Equity: Fund Formation
Chambers USA and Global – Investment Funds: Hedge Funds
IFLR1000 – Investment funds, United States, Highly regarded
Legal 500 U.S. – Private Equity Funds (Including Venture Capital)
Who’s Who Legal – Private Funds: Formation and Regulatory
Expert Guides – “Best of the Best USA,” Investment Funds; Banking, Finance and Transactional
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Partner, 2005-present
- Associate, 1998-2005
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York