Davis Polk partners Micah Block and Ashok Ramani will be among the speakers at California Lawyer's 2019 Patent Disputes Forum.
Block will be a speaker on the "Patent Eligibility and FRAND: Recent Developments and the Impact of Agency Action" panel. This session will explore hot topics in the field of Section 101, standard-essential patents, and the impact of agency action on patent enforcement.
Ramani will be a speaker on the "Willful Infringement: More Than Two Years After Halo, How are Practioners Advising their Counsel on Willfulness Issues?" panel. Topics discussed include:
- In-house counsel from different industries will ask practitioners what advice they are giving to their clients on willfulness.
- Does the advice vary depending on whether the client has received a notice letter or request for license, is conducting clearance searches or if the client has been sued?
- As to the latter, does it matter if the client had pre-suit notice of the patent?
- When does the risk of a finding of willful infringement justify obtaining an opinion of counsel?
- What considerations should companies weigh?
- How can companies get creative?
The program will be held on April 17, 2019, in Menlo Park, California.
For more information, please visit the event website.