Davis Polk lawyers speak at ACC program on the HKSAR National Security Law
On August 27, 2020, Davis Polk partners Martin Rogers and James Lin and associates Joshua Friedman and Yuan Zheng spoke at the Association of Corporate Counsel’s “The HKSAR National Security Law and Recent U.S. Government Actions” webinar. Topics discussed include:
- An overview of the NSL, its legislative background, its oversight and investigative organs, and procedural requirements
- A discussion of the substantive offences under the NSL, its jurisdictional reach and possible penalties
- A recap of current U.S.-Hong Kong relations, including Hong Kong’s special trade status under U.S. law
- U.S. sanctions update and the implications for Hong Kong and PRC entities and individuals
- A discussion of further risks of U.S.-China decoupling
For more information, please visit the webinar website.