Mark M. Mendez
As a partner in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, Mr. Mendez is co-head of the firm's Derivatives & Structured Products Group. He advises investment banks, corporations and hedge funds in the structuring, negotiation and execution of high-yield debt, affiliate margin loans, equity derivatives and other structured financial products, including over-the-counter derivative products, registered and Rule 144A mandatory and optional convertible securities and variance and correlation swaps.
- An issuer on its offering of equity units, initially consisting of shares of its cumulative perpetual convertible preferred stock and contracts to purchase a variable number of shares of its common stock.
- BofA Securities, Deutsche Bank Securities and Morgan Stanley on an offering of “green” convertible senior notes by MP Materials Corp., a former special purpose acquisition company, for $690 million.
- Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan on an offering by PG&E Corporation of equity units for total net proceeds of approximately $1.186 billion.
- Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley on an offering by the 2020 Cash Mandatory Exchangeable Trust of its 2020 Cash Mandatory Exchangeable Trust Securities for $2 billion.
- JPMorgan on an offering of 2020 mandatory exchangeable trust securities exchangeable into Class A common stock of Chewy, Inc. for $690 million.
- Forward purchasers/forward sellers on forward sale agreements relating to shares of New Jersey Resources Corporation's common stock in connection with an SEC-registered offering of such common stock for $235 million.
- Morgan Stanley on the execution of forward sale agreements with an affiliate of 3G Capital Partners relating to the sale of $3.01 billion of common shares of Restaurant Brands International Inc.
- JPMorgan and Goldman Sachs on offerings by multiple finance subsidiaries of IAC/InterActiveCorp of exchangeable senior notes for $1.66 billion, and the counterparties to the exchangeable note hedge and warrant transactions entered into in connection with such offerings.
- Forward purchasers/forward sellers on an at-the-market forward sale program relating to the common stock of Entergy Corporation for up to $1 billion.
- BofA Securities, JPMorgan and Citibank on an offering by II-VI Incorporated of shares of its 6.00% mandatory convertible preferred stock for $460 million.
- Numerous issuers and bank counterparties on structured stock buyback transactions, including uncollared, capped and collared accelerated share repurchase transactions, prepaid put transactions and enhanced open market repurchase transactions.
- Numerous shareholders and bank counterparties on equity hedging transactions, including collar and variable share forward transactions and hedging transactions related to classes of Visa Inc. capital stock.
- Chambers Global – Capital Markets: Derivatives, USA, Band 1
- Chambers USA – Capital Markets: Derivatives, Band 1
- IFLR1000 – Capital Markets (Derivatives, Equity, Structured Finance and Securitisation), United States
- Partner, 2007-present
- Associate, 2000-2007
- Law Clerk, Hon. Jane R. Roth, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1999-2000