Angela M. Libby
Ms. Libby is an associate in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Restructuring Group. She regularly represents debtors, creditors, banks, hedge funds, asset purchasers and other strategic parties in a wide range of corporate restructurings and bankruptcies, including domestic and international restructurings, prepackaged and traditional bankruptcies, out-of-court workouts, DIP and exit financings, bankruptcy litigation and Section 363 sales.
Ad hoc group of GenOn Energy Inc. noteholders in connection with GenOn’s chapter 11 restructuring and M&A process
Representing Merrill Lynch Commodities in connection with negotiating amendments and superpriority liens related to its derivative exposure in the ExGen Texas Power, LLC. chapter 11 restructuring
Counsel to the loan agent, working with a steering committee of lenders, in connection with a restructuring of Harvey Gulf International Marine
- The agent and arranger in connection with an $800 million debtor-in-possession financing and agent for the approximately $2.8 billion pre-petition first lien credit facility in connection with Peabody Energy Corp.’s chapter 11 proceedings
- The agent for Pacific Exploration & Production Corp.’s $1 billion revolver in connection with Pacific’s restructuring, which included a Canadian Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act (“CCAA”) case and a Chapter 15 case
- The agent for the senior term lenders in the successful prepackaged bankruptcy of Key Energy Services
- The secured creditors of JW Aluminum in a comprehensive out of court restructuring, in which the exchanging creditors received new term loans of approximately $136.5 million along with new preferred stock with an initial liquidation preference of approximately $138 million, convertible into 95% of reorganized JW Aluminum’s common stock, and 60% of the pre-conversion common stock of the reorganized company
- The Ad Hoc Group of Bondholders of Puerto Rico’s Government Development Bank in connection with Puerto Rico’s ongoing restructuring efforts
- Numerous hedge funds with respect to their investments in Caesars Entertainment, iHeart Communications, and other complex distressed companies
- The note purchasers, exchanging noteholders and lenders in connection with a $400 million debt out-of-court recapitalization and subsequent chapter 11 proceedings of Venoco, Inc.
- Investors in connection with bonds secured by Schahin II Finance Company (SPV) Limited and secured by the Sertão vessel
- Patriot Coal and its affiliates in connection with their chapter 11 cases
- Pinnacle Airlines and its affiliates in connection with their chapter 11 cases
- Davis Polk since 2011