Deep experience in U.S. and international restructurings, including prepackaged and traditional bankruptcies and out-of-court workouts.
Head of International Restructuring. Deep experience in U.S. and Cross-Border Restructurings, including in Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, China, Curacao, England, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, the Netherlands, Mexico and Mongolia.
He has represented public and private companies, agent banks and lenders, acquirers and hedge funds in connection with prepackaged and traditional bankruptcies, out-of-court workouts, DIP and exit financings, bankruptcy litigation and Section 363 sales.
Tim was named an “Outstanding Restructuring Lawyer” by Turnarounds & Workouts in 2018, after receiving the same honor five years earlier. He is an INSOL Fellow, co-chair USA/Canada/Caribbean Regional Committee of the International Insolvency Institute, and the co-chair of the Insolvent Financial Institutions Subcommittee of the Insolvency Section of the International Bar Association.
- Company representations include Aeroméxico, S.A.B. de C.V., Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, Pinnacle Airlines, Luckin, Purdue Pharma, Lehman Brothers International (Europe), Digicel Group One Limited, ENNIA Caribe Holding N.V., Ballantyne Re plc, Cryptopia Limited, Elpida Memory, Tonon Bioenergia S.A., Mongolian Mining Corp., Sete, Star Tribune, Acterna, Adelphia Business Solutions, Sunbeam
- Equity, sponsor and contractual counterparty representations include Delta Air Lines (LATAM Airlines Group), LifeMiles (Avianca), the Rank Group (UCI Holdings International), Fung Retailing Ltd. (Toys “R” Us), Comcast (Houston Regional Sports Network, L.P.)
- Senior lender or agent representations (including pre-petition, DIP and exit facilities) for institutions such as Citibank, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and Credit Suisse, in cases including PG&E, Windstream, China Fishery Group, LyondellBassel, Owens Corning, Lightsquared, C&J Energy, Georgia Gulf, Haynes International
- Creditor and ad hoc group representations include Samarco, Odebrecht Engenharia e Construcao (OEC), Oi, SA, Schahin, Takata, RCS Capital, Highland Hospitality, USJ
Chambers USA – Bankruptcy/Restructuring, New York
IFLR1000 – Financial Restructuring, United States, Highly Regarded
IFLR1000 – Restructuring and Insolvency, United States, Highly Regarded
Catholic Renewal – “Saint Francis Service Award,” 2023
Turnarounds & Workouts – “Outstanding Restructuring Lawyer,” 2018
BTI Client Service Awards – “Client Service All-Star,” 2019
Super Lawyers – Bankruptcy, New York
- St. Thomas More Scholar
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review
- summa cum laude
- Partner, 2009-present
- Counsel, Davis Polk, 2006-2009
- Associate, Weil, Gotshal & Manges, 2001-2006
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court, E.D. New York
- U.S. District Court, New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, S.D. New York
- U.S. District Court, W.D. New York
- U.S. Supreme Court