Reuven B. Young
Advises companies and financial intermediaries on cross-border equity and debt securities offerings, liability management transactions, and public and private M&A.
Reuven advises clients on a wide range of corporate finance transactions. On capital markets transactions, he has advised on public and private cross-border equity offerings and investment-grade, high-yield and structured financings, including for companies based in the United Kingdom, Europe, Africa, India and North America. He has been particularly active in the metals and mining, financial institutions and technology sectors.
He has counseled clients on a range of cross-border private and public mergers and acquisitions transactions in the United Kingdom, North America and Europe. These include advising on various public company transactions in the United Kingdom and Europe as to the U.S. securities law and tender offer rules.
Clients also look to Reuven on ongoing reporting and compliance matters and corporate governance.
- IPOs by Aer Lingus, Alphawave IP, Biotech Acq., Charter Court Financial Services, Cipla Quality Chemicals, CM.com (aborted), eDreams ODIGEO, Endava, EQT, European Fintech IPO Co., Financials Acq., Handicare, Helios Towers, Hogg Robinson Group, HusCompagniet, Link Mobility, MADE.com, Max Stock, NNIT, Ocado, SDCL EDGE Acq., and RA Special Acq.
- Equity offerings by AngloGold Ashanti, Bovis, CM.com, DFDS, Dis-Chem Pharcies, Electrocomponents, EQT, Gold Fields, Harmony Gold, IMCD, I-Pulse, Impala Platinum, Ladbrokes, Naspers, NetCompany, NKT, Ocado, Pandora, Pepkor, RB Platinum, Rhodes Foods, Shoprite, NBG, SEAS-NVE, Trust Pilot, Xspray and Zegona
- Rights offerings by Alm. Brand, Aquarius Platinum, AngloGold Ashanti, Banco Espirito Santo, Barratt Developments, Charles Taylor, Delta Lloyd, Hammerson, Just Retirement, NKT, Rio Tinto, Rolls-Royce, SAS and Taylor Wimpey
- SEC-registered or Rule 144A investment-grade or high-yield bond offerings including by Anglo American, AngloGold Ashanti, BAT, BBA Aviation, Boston Gas, Brooklyn Union Gas, Kingdom of Jordan, Emirate of Abu Dhabi, Ferguson, Credit Agricole, BNG, BPCE, CRH, Danske Bank, Delek Drilling, Delek Group, Dexia, eDreams Odigeo, Gold Fields, Imperial Tobacco, ING Bank, ING Groep, KeySpan Gas, Marks & Spencer, Maersk, Mass. Electric, Narragansett Electric, Natwest Group, Natwest Markets, Niagara Mohawk, New England Power, NWB, Naspers, Ocado, Petrofac, Prosus, Philips, Reliance, Rio Tinto, Rolls-Royce, Sasol, SEB, Smith & Nephew, Syngenta, Weir Group and Yara
- Liability management transactions, including by Banco Espirito Santo and NBG (debt for equity exchanges); Novo Banco and Danske Bank (debt-for-debt exchanges); and Anglo Gold Ashanti, BAT, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, CRH, Hamburg Commercial Bank, NatWest, Novo Banco and Rio Tinto (cash tender offers)
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Ocado on its acquisition of Kindred Systems
- Outotec on its stock-for-stock combination with Metso's minerals business
- Comcast on its £36 billion takeover of Sky
- Rothschild as financial advisor on the Tele2/Com Hem $3.2 billion merger
- Nets A/S on a $5.3 billion takeover by Hellman & Friedman
- Nordic Capital funds on a public cash offer to acquire Nordax Group AB
- Taylor Wimpey on the $1 billion disposal of its North American division
- MSCI on its acquisition of IPD Group
- Edwards Group on its merger with Atlas Copco
Chambers UK and Europe – Capital Markets: Debt
Legal 500 UK – Debt Capital Markets
IFLR1000 – Capital Markets: Equity, M&A, United Kingdom, Highly Regarded
- Frank Knox Memorial Scholar
- Fulbright scholar
- Laylin Prize
- first-class honours
- Partner, 2014-present
- Associate, 2004-2014
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York