Reuven B. Young
Advises companies and financial intermediaries on cross-border equity and debt securities offerings, liability management transactions, and public and private M&A.
Reuven advises clients on a wide range of corporate finance transactions. On capital markets transactions, he advises on public and private cross-border IPOs and other equity offerings and investment-grade and high-yield bond offerings, including for companies based in the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and North America. He has been particularly active in the technology, metals and mining, energy and financial institutions sectors.
He also counsels clients on a range of cross-border private and public mergers and acquisitions transactions. These include advising on various public company transactions as to the U.S. securities law and tender offer rules.
Clients also look to Reuven on ongoing SEC reporting and compliance matters and corporate governance.
- IPOs by Aer Lingus, Alphawave IP, Biotech Acq., Charter Court Financial Services, Cipla Quality Chemicals, CM.com (aborted), eDreams ODIGEO, Endava, EQT, European Fintech IPO Co., Financials Acq., Handicare, Helios Towers, Hogg Robinson Group, HusCompagniet, Link Mobility, MADE.com, Max Stock, NNIT, Ocado, SDCL EDGE Acq., and RA Special Acq.
- Equity offerings by AngloGold Ashanti, Bovis, CM.com, DFDS, Dis-Chem Pharmacies, Electrocomponents, EQT, Gold Fields, Harmony Gold, IMCD, Impala Platinum, I-Pulse, Ladbrokes, Naspers, NBG, NetCompany, NKT, Ocado, Pandora, Pepkor, RB Platinum, Rhodes Foods, Shoprite, SEAS-NVE, Trust Pilot, Xspray and Zegona
- Rights offerings by Alm. Brand, AngloGold Ashanti, Aquarius Platinum, Banco Espirito Santo, Barratt Developments, Charles Taylor, Delta Lloyd, Hammerson, Just Retirement, NKT, Rio Tinto, Rolls-Royce, SAS and Taylor Wimpey
- SEC-registered or Rule 144A investment-grade or high-yield bond offerings including by AkerBP, Anglo American, AngloGold Ashanti, BAT, BBA Aviation, BNG, Boston Gas, BPCE, Brooklyn Union Gas, Credit Agricole, CRH, Danske Bank, Delek Group, Dexia, eDreams Odigeo, Emirate of Abu Dhabi, Ferguson, Gold Fields, Imperial Tobacco, ING, Israel Discount Bank, KeySpan Gas, Kingdom of Jordan, Maersk, Marks & Spencer, Mass. Electric, Narragansett Electric, Naspers, Natwest Group, Natwest Markets, New England Power, NewMed Energy, Niagara Mohawk, NWB, Ocado, Petrofac, Prosus, Philips, Reliance, Rio Tinto, Rolls-Royce, Sasol, SEB, Signature Aviation, Smith & Nephew, Syngenta, Weir Group and Yara
- Liability management transactions, including by AkerBP, AngloGold Ashanti, Banco Espirito Santo, BAT, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Danske Bank, CRH, Hamburg Commercial Bank, NatWest, NBG, Novo Banco and Rio Tinto
Mergers & Acquisitions
- ACQ Bure on its $800 million merger with Yubico
- NewMed Energy on its $3.7 billion reverse takeover by Capricorn Energy
- Firmenich on its $21 billion combination with DSM
- Ocado on its acquisition of Kindred Systems
- Outotec on its combination with Metso
- Comcast on its £36 billion takeover of Sky
- Rothschild as financial advisor on the Tele2/Com Hem $3.2 billion merger
- Nets A/S on a $5.3 billion takeover by Hellman & Friedman
- Nordic Capital funds on an offer to acquire Nordax Group
- Taylor Wimpey on the $1 billion disposal of its North American division
Chambers UK and Europe – Capital Markets: Debt
Legal 500 UK – Debt Capital Markets
IFLR1000 – Capital Markets: Equity, M&A, United Kingdom, Highly Regarded
- Frank Knox Memorial Scholar
- Fulbright scholar
- Laylin Prize
- first-class honours
- Partner, 2014-present
- Davis Polk since 2004
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York