Lucy W. Farr
Concentrates in the taxation of corporate finance, derivatives and structured finance, as well as on U.S. and international tax planning for financial institutions.
Lucy concentrates in the taxation of corporate finance, derivatives and structured finance, as well as on U.S. and international tax planning for financial institutions. She has advised financial institutions and issuers in the development and execution of complex public and private financial products designed to achieve capital raising, hedging or other objectives.
Lucy has also done significant work in bankruptcy and other restructuring matters and in representing investment funds.
She is a Fellow of the American College of Tax Counsel. She is co-chair of the Financial Instruments Committee of the Tax Section of the New York State Bar Association and has held multiple leadership roles in the ABA Section on Taxation.
- WeWork comprehensive debt recapitalization transaction
- Texas Instruments $1.4 billion notes offering
- Encore Capital Group $230 million convertible senior notes offering
- Air Products concurrent €700 million and $600 million green notes offerings
- Morgan Stanley €2 billion senior notes offering
- ON Semiconductor $1.5 billion offering of convertible senior notes
- PPL Capital Funding $1 billion exchangeable senior notes offering
- RxSight $50 million follow-on offering
- Integer Holdings $500 million convertible senior notes offering
- SGH private exchange offers
- Bank of America $3 billion fixed-to-floating-rate notes
- Morgan Stanley $2 billion subordinated reset notes offering
- Morgan Stanley $4 billion senior notes offering
- Toronto-Dominion Bank $100 million notes offering
- Toyota Motor Credit $3 billion notes offering
- Toronto-Dominion Bank $2 billion notes offering
Chambers USA – Tax, New York
Legal 500 U.S. – Tax: Financial Products
Who's Who Legal – Corporate Tax: Advisory, Global Leader
Best Lawyers – Tax, New York
- Editor in Chief, Yale Journal on Regulation
- cum laude
- Partner, 2003-present
- Davis Polk since 1995
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York