Lucy W. Farr
Concentrates in the taxation of corporate finance, derivatives and structured finance, as well as on U.S. and international tax planning for financial institutions.
Lucy concentrates in the taxation of corporate finance, derivatives and structured finance, as well as on U.S. and international tax planning for financial institutions. She has advised financial institutions and issuers in the development and execution of complex public and private financial products designed to achieve capital raising, hedging or other objectives.
Lucy has also done significant work in bankruptcy and other restructuring matters and in representing investment funds.
She is a Fellow of the American College of Tax Counsel. She is co-chair of the Financial Instruments Committee of the Tax Section of the New York State Bar Association and has held multiple leadership roles in the ABA Section on Taxation.
- Boston Omaha $100 million at-the-market offering
- GOL $150 million senior secured notes offering
- Warner Music Group $103 million block trade
- J. M. Smucker $800 million notes offering
- Avianca $1.05 billion new tranche A-1 DIP-to-exit facility
- Black Hills $600 million senior notes offering
- Rockwell Automation $1.5 billion notes offering
- Warner Music Group €445 million notes offering
- MicroStrategy $500 million senior secured notes offering
- LCI Industries $460 million convertible senior notes offering
- Corsair Partnering Corporation $250 million IPO
- Toyota Motor Credit $1.8 billion notes offering
- Bank of America C$1.425 billion floating and fixed-to-floating rate senior notes
- Globe Life $325 million junior subordinated debt offering
- Post Holdings Partnering $300 million IPO
- UGI $213.4 million equity units offering
Chambers USA – Tax, New York
Legal 500 U.S. – Tax: Financial Products
Who's Who Legal – Corporate Tax: Advisory, Global Leader
Best Lawyers – Tax, New York
- Editor in Chief, Yale Journal on Regulation
- cum laude
- Partner, 2003-present
- Associate, 1995-2003
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York