A leading Hong Kong capital markets lawyer, with deep experience on HKEX listings and follow-on offerings. Also advises on M&A, privatization and regulatory matters.
Jason’s practice focuses on equity capital markets matters, including IPOs and secondary listings and follow-on offerings. He also advises on public and private M&A and regulatory matters. Jason has experience across a broad range of industries, including technology, consumer products and retail, and life sciences. Before arriving at Davis Polk, Jason was deputy head of equity capital markets in China at a leading international law firm.
- Extensive experience in Hong Kong listings and offerings, including cutting-edge work on secondary, dual-primary and “homecoming” listings, listings by way of introduction, IPOs by pre-revenue biotech companies and weighted voting rights structures. Particularly notable experience with companies in the TMT, healthcare and life sciences, and consumer and retail products sectors, with deep knowledge of listing rules and vetting procedures.
- Follow-on equity offerings, including private placements, top-up and block trades of equity and equity-linked securities by leading HKEX-listed companies.
- Complex and innovative mergers and acquisitions work, including HKEX public company takeovers and privatizations, asset purchases and injections, spinoffs, joint ventures and private company financings.
- Listed company compliance and advisory work, including thorny corporate governance, disclosure and investor relations aspects.
Chambers Greater China Region – Capital Markets: Equity (International Firms), China, Up and Coming
- Partner, Davis Polk, 2021-present
- Partner, Freshfields, 2017-2021
- Counsel, Freshfields, 2015-2017
- Associate, Freshfields, 2009-2015
Qualifications and admissions
- Beijing Ministry of Justice - Registered
- Hong Kong