James A. Florack
Jim is co-head of our Finance practice. He advises clients on transactions including leveraged and investment-grade lending, structured finance, high-yield debt offerings and other capital markets transactions. He has a particular focus on acquisition financings, whether led by financial sponsors or otherwise. He represents leading U.S. and international banks and corporations in transactions in both U.S. and international cross-border markets.
Jim is also called upon by clients in times of crisis or unique challenges – ranging from advising banks in the 2008 financial crisis to representing the U.S. Treasury Department in implementing financings under the 2020 CARES Act.
He also leads our Latin America finance practice, representing banks and corporate clients. Chambers ranks Jim in Band 1 in Banking & Finance for both the United States and Latin America, quoting sources describing Jim as “absolutely fantastic” and one of “the best lender lawyers in the market, hands down.”
- $6 billion five-year revolving credit facility for Merck & Co., Inc.
- $5 billion 394-day unsecured revolving credit facility for Exxon Mobil Corporation
- $3.5 billion revolving credit facility for Hyundai Capital America
- €2.4 billion senior unsecured bridge facility for XPO Logistics’ acquisition of Norbert Dentressangle
- $2.2 billion five-year revolving credit facility for Campbell Soup Company
- $2.2 billion term loan and $250 million revolver for Zebra Technologies’ acquisition of Motorola Solutions, Inc.’s enterprise mobility business
- $2 billion 364-day revolving credit facility and $1.2 billion five-year revolving credit facility for Eli Lilly and Company
- $2 billion revolving credit facility for SandRidge Energy, Inc.
- $1.5 billion unsecured credit facility for H.J. Heinz Company and H.J. Heinz Finance Company
- $1.2 billion five-year unsecured revolving credit facility for McGraw Hill Financial, Inc.
- $830 million and €200 million term loan facility for Tech Finance & Co S.C.A, and €100 million revolving credit facility for Technicolor S.A.
Latin America Lender Representations
- $2 billion amendment and upsize of the revolving credit facility for Grupo Bimbo, S.A.B. de C.V.
- $625 million bridge credit agreement for Embotelladora Andina’s acquisition of Companhia de Bebidas Ipiranga
- $495 million senior unsecured term loan credit facility for Sodimac Peru S.A. for its acquisition of Maestro Peru S.A.
- $330 million term loan facility for Empresa Eléctrica Guacolda S.A.
- $300 million bridge credit facility for Gerdau Hungria Holdings Limited Liability Company, a subsidiary of Gerdau S.A.
- $300 million term loan facility for Odebrecht Latin Finance S.à R.L. in connection with the Chaglla Hydroelectric Power Project in Peru
- Partner, 1994-present
- Associate, 1986-1994