Advises clients on matters involving compensation and benefits, including ERISA’s fiduciary and prohibited transaction rules.
Charles advises clients on matters involving compensation and benefits, both in the course of clients’ day-to-day business dealings and in connection with mergers and acquisitions, and on ERISA’s fiduciary and prohibited transaction rules.
His compensation and benefits practice includes designing and implementing equity compensation programs, negotiating executive employment arrangements and structuring qualified plans and non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements.
His ERISA practice includes advising financial institutions on their service and product offerings to retirement investors and advising private funds on accepting investments from benefit plan investors.
Additionally, Charles counsels public and pre-IPO companies, as well as their boards and compensation committees, on section 16 matters and compensation-related governance and disclosure matters.
- Kenvue $7.75 billion senior notes offering
- Equinix ¥77.28 billion senior notes private placement
- Leidos $2 billion credit agreement refinancing
- Assurant $175 million senior notes offering
- Mizuho Financial Group $2.6 billion senior notes offering
- Morgan Stanley AIP closes $2.5 billion secondaries fund
- SMFG $5.8 billion senior notes offering
- Skymark Airlines ¥37.4 billion IPO
- Kroger $4.75 billion Albertsons acquisition financing
- Development Bank of Japan program update and $600 million senior notes offering
- JPMorgan Chase medium-term note program
- Mitsubishi HC Capital $500 million senior notes offering
- Mizuho Financial Group $1.75 billion senior notes offering
- Texas Instruments $700 million notes offering
- Meta Platforms debut $10 billion senior notes offering
- Fiserv $6 billion revolving credit facility
- cum laude
- Articles Editor, Georgetown Law Journal
- cum laude
- Tau Beta Pi
- Counsel, 2016-present
- Davis Polk since 2009
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York