Charles advises clients on matters involving compensation and benefits, both in the course of clients’ day-to-day business dealings and in connection with mergers and acquisitions, and on ERISA’s fiduciary and prohibited transaction rules.
His compensation and benefits practice includes designing and implementing equity compensation programs, negotiating executive employment arrangements and structuring qualified plans and non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements.
His ERISA practice includes advising financial institutions on their service and product offerings to retirement investors and advising private funds on accepting investments from benefit plan investors.
Additionally, Charles counsels public and pre-IPO companies, as well as their boards and compensation committees, on section 16 matters and compensation-related governance and disclosure matters.
- Development Bank of Japan program update and $600 million senior notes offering
- Mitsubishi HC Capital $500 million senior notes offering
- JPMorgan Chase medium-term note program
- Mizuho Financial Group $1.75 billion senior notes offering
- Texas Instruments $700 million notes offering
- Meta Platforms debut $10 billion senior notes offering
- SEB $1.1 billion notes offering
- Fiserv $6 billion revolving credit facility
- Globe Life $400 million senior notes offering
- Masco $1.5 billion credit facilities
- Brookfield Properties $360 million refinancing for mixed-use Nashville complex
- Fifth Third Bancorp $500 million inaugural sustainable notes offering
- Banco Santander (Brasil) spinoff and Nasdaq listing of Getnet
- Falabella $650 million senior notes offering and concurrent tender offers
- RXR Realty $75 million construction loan for mixed-use tower in the Bronx
- Pactiv Evergreen $1.515 billion notes offering and refinancing
- cum laude
- Articles Editor, Georgetown Law Journal
- cum laude
- Tau Beta Pi
- Counsel, 2016-present
- Associate, 2009-2016
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York