Charles advises clients on matters involving compensation and benefits, both in the course of clients’ day-to-day business dealings and in connection with mergers and acquisitions, and on ERISA’s fiduciary and prohibited transaction rules.
His compensation and benefits practice includes designing and implementing equity compensation programs, negotiating executive employment arrangements and structuring qualified plans and non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements.
His ERISA practice includes advising financial institutions on their service and product offerings to retirement investors and advising private funds on accepting investments from benefit plan investors.
Additionally, Charles counsels public and pre-IPO companies, as well as their boards and compensation committees, on section 16 matters and compensation-related governance and disclosure matters.
- RXR Realty $75 million construction loan for mixed-use tower in the Bronx
- Pactiv Evergreen $1.515 billion notes offering and refinancing
- PGT Innovations $575 million notes offering
- JPMorgan Chase euro medium-term note program
- Texas Instruments $1.5 billion notes offering
- MicroStrategy $500 million senior secured notes offering
- Fresenius Medical Care $1.5 billion notes offering
- LCI Industries $460 million convertible senior notes offering
- BR Partners R$364 million IPO
- Livent $261.6 million stock offering
- First Mile Properties acquisition of office complex and related financing
- Infracommerce CXAAS R$870 million IPO
- VersaBank $75 million subordinated notes offering
- Coty $900 million senior secured notes offering
- Charles River Laboratories International $1 billion senior notes offering
- Sasol $1.5 billion notes offering
- cum laude
- Articles Editor, Georgetown Law Journal
- Tau Beta Pi
- cum laude
- Counsel, 2016-present
- Associate, 2009-2016
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York