Advises clients on matters involving compensation and benefits, including ERISA’s fiduciary and prohibited transaction rules.
Charles advises clients on matters involving compensation and benefits, both in the course of clients’ day-to-day business dealings and in connection with mergers and acquisitions, and on ERISA’s fiduciary and prohibited transaction rules.
His compensation and benefits practice includes designing and implementing equity compensation programs, negotiating executive employment arrangements and structuring qualified plans and non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements.
His ERISA practice includes advising financial institutions on their service and product offerings to retirement investors and advising private funds on accepting investments from benefit plan investors.
Additionally, Charles counsels public and pre-IPO companies, as well as their boards and compensation committees, on section 16 matters and compensation-related governance and disclosure matters.
- SMFG $2 billion senior notes offering
- TRYT ¥55.2 billion IPO
- Toyota $1.5 billion sustainability bond offering
- Mizuho Financial Group $2.5 billion senior notes offering
- Granite $373.75 million convertible senior notes and capped call transactions
- Meta Platforms $8.5 billion senior notes offering
- Kenvue $7.75 billion senior notes offering
- Equinix ¥77.28 billion senior notes private placement
- Leidos $2 billion credit agreement refinancing
- Norinchukin Bank $500 million senior notes offering
- Mitsubishi HC Finance America $500 million guaranteed notes offering
- Assurant $175 million senior notes offering
- Mizuho Financial Group $2.6 billion senior notes offering
- Morgan Stanley AIP closes $2.5 billion secondaries fund
- SMFG $5.8 billion senior notes offering
- Skymark Airlines ¥37.4 billion IPO
- cum laude
- Articles Editor, Georgetown Law Journal
- cum laude
- Tau Beta Pi
- Counsel, 2016-present
- Davis Polk since 2009
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York