Bitcoin, Ether, and ICOs: Digital Currency Issues for Fund Managers
As U.S. investors have been looking for ways to invest in digital currencies, fund managers have started to grapple with how to fit this new asset class into older, ill-fitting structures and rules.
Join us for a discussion on industry trends and how fund managers have been dealing with these issues, including:
- Background on Digital Currencies, ICOs and the Related Ecosystem
- Overview of General Regulatory Environment (including tax issues)
- Existing Publicly Known Investment Vehicles and SEC’s Rejections of Exchange Listing Applications
- Existing vs. New Fund Issues (including discussion of the Custody Rule under the Investment Advisers Act)
- Regulatory and Practical Issues Associated with Holding Digital Currencies