Davis Polk partner Jai Massari and senior counsel Annette Nazareth will be among the speakers at the American Bar Association’s Derivatives and Futures Law Winter Conference. Massari will speak on the “End Users / Physical Commodities” panel. Topics discussed will include:
- CFTC position limit rules (monitoring positions, aggregation, hedge exemptions)
- Updated swap data reporting rules (block trade thresholds)
- Market disruptions (negative prices and Covid-19)
- Voluntary carbon emissions trading
- Insider trading/misappropriation of confidential information.
Nazareth will moderate a Fireside Chat with former CFTC Chairman. Topics discussed will include:
- Dodd-Frank 10 Year Later: What works? What doesn’t? What changes should be made?
- What are the most pressing issues that the CFTC should address today?
- How effective have the CFTC’s efforts at harmonizing international regulation been?
The event will take place virtually on January 28-29, 2021.
For more information, please visit the event website.