Veronica M. Wissel
Ms. Wissel is a partner in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Executive Compensation Group. She advises clients on a variety of compensation-related matters, including the design and implementation of equity, retention and incentive plans, compensation, disclosure and regulatory compliance, and employment negotiations with senior executives, with a particular emphasis on compensation and benefits issues relating to mergers and acquisitions transactions. Additionally, she advises clients with respect to the ERISA aspects of the investment and management of pension plan assets in private funds and other products and arrangements, including hedge funds and private equity funds, and she advises asset managers and broker dealers with respect to the financial products they offer to U.S. pension plans and compliance with ERISA’s fiduciary rules.
TIAA in its acquisition of EverBank
VF Corporation in its acquisition of Williamson-Dickies and its sale of its Licensed Sports Group
Tailwind Capital in various acquisitions and ongoing advice relating to portfolio companies, including MetroGistics, Diversified, Colony and DermaRite
Lightyear Capital in various acquisitions and sales of portfolio companies, including the sale of RidgeWorth Investments, and its investments in Ygrene Energy Fund, Inc. and Datalot Inc.
ADP in its acquisition of The Marcus Buckingham Company
Aetna in its agreement to acquire Humana
- MasterCard International in its acquisitions of Applied Predictive Technologies and the TNS Gateway Services business
- BBVA in its acquisition of Spring Studio
- Roche in its:
- $1 billion majority investment in Foundation Medicine
- Acquisition of Iquum, Inc.
- Partnership with Spero Therapeutics, LLC
- Crestview Partners in its sale of a majority interest in Key Safety Systems, Inc. and its sale of Symbion Holdings Corporation
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking and Vestar Capital Partners in their acquisition of Hearthside Food Solutions
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking in its acquisition of Ipreo Holdings LLC with Blackstone
- Maidenform Brands, Inc. in its acquisition by Hanesbrands Inc.
Chemtura Corporation in its sale of its consumer products business
- Major financial institution in connection with ERISA issues relating to a review of trading between its advisory subsidiaries and its broker-dealer subsidiaries
- Advice to various financial institutions regarding new ERISA fiduciary rule
Other clients that Ms. Wissel has advised on compensation and benefits and corporate governance issues include S&P Global Inc. and XL Group plc.
Ms. Wissel is recognized as a Next Generation Lawyer in Legal 500 U.S.
- Director, Lawyers Alliance for New York
- Davis Polk since 2012
- Partner, 2016-present
- Shearman & Sterling, 2008-2012
Articles and Books
Executive Compensation Planning for Pre-IPO Companies | Bloomberg BNA's Securities Regulation and Law Report, 43 SRLR 157
Emerging Trends in Compensation Regulation | The Review of Securities and Commodities Regulation, Vol. 43, No. 3