- IPOs by Wizz Air, OneSavings Bank, Royal Mail, Manchester United, Oxford Immunotec, Telepizza, Eltel, Nordax Group, Hoist Finance, Rhodes Food Group, Abengoa Yield, Thule Group, Alexander Forbes, IMCD, eDreams ODIGEO and Matas
- Equity offerings by Banco Popular Espanol, Enesco Plc, Delta Lloyd, Lar Espana Real Estate, Banco de Sabadell, Abengoa Yield, National Bank of Greece, Markit, Endesa, UBM, Alpha Bank, Ocado, Capitec Bank and Banco Espirito Santo
- Debt offerings by ArcelorMittal, Dexia Credit, Abengoa, PSG Group, Societe Generale, Worldpay Finance, Danske Bank, Credit Agricole, GE Capital, Fresnillo, IBM and UBS
- Dialog Semiconductor on its proposed $4.6 billion acquisition of Atmel
- Tesco on the sale of Fresh & Easy to Yucaipa
- Edwards Group on its sale to Atlas Copco
- MSCI on its acquisition of IPD Group
- AstraZeneca in connection with Bristol-Myers Squibb’s acquisition of Amylin Pharmaceuticals
Before joining Davis Polk, Mr. Witty advised on the international IPOs and listings of Yell, eircom, Premier Foods, Virgin Mobile, Inmarsat, Britvic, QinetiQ, Experian, Home Retail Group, Hochschild Mining, Hansard Global, Petroplus Holdings, Sepura, Telecity Group, Namakwa Diamonds, Promethean World and AZ Electronic Materials SA.
He also advised on the rights issues and placings and open offers by Royal Bank of Scotland, HBOS, Bradford & Bingley, Centrica, British Land, Land Securities, Punch Taverns, Redrow, Yell and National Express, as well as numerous undocumented secondary offerings.
Mr. Witty has for many years been listed as one of London's leading equity capital markets lawyers in all the main legal industry publications, including, for example, in the top tier of rankings by Chambers Global, Chambers UK, Legal 500 and IFLR 1000 Financial and Corporate.
- Partner, Davis Polk, 2012-present
- Partner, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, 1996-2012