Ms. Dengel is a partner in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department in New York, practicing in the Finance Group. She represents financial sponsors, corporate borrowers and various lenders on a wide range of transaction types, including leveraged and investment-grade acquisition financings, high-yield bond issuances, asset-based financings, complex restructurings, and debtor-in-possession and exit financings.
Her corporate clients include Bausch Health, Comcast and Pattern Energy Group. Her sponsor clients include Atairos, Brookfield, KPS, Metalmark Capital and Reverence Capital.
CORPORATE AND Sponsor Representations
- £22 billion financing for Comcast's acquisition of the entire share capital of Sky
- $11.5 billion in ABL, cash flow, first-lien term and bridge facilities in connection with Brookfield’s pending acquisition of the Power Solutions business of Johnson Controls
- $5.79 billion financing for Bausch Health (formerly Valeant Pharmaceuticals)
- $1.089 billion in first- and second-lien facilities in connection with Atairos’ acquisition of Learfield Communications and Learfield’s subsequent combination with IMG College. Learfield/IMG College is a joint venture among Atairos, Comcast, Endeavor and Silver Lake.
- $745 million in first- and second-lien facilities in connection with Atairos’ acquisition of Bowlero, and $113 million in incremental facilities for Bowlmor
- $195 million in secured credit facilities in connection with Atairos’ acquisition of a majority interest in Spectra, a joint venture with Comcast
- $400 million unitranche financing for Metalmark Capital’s majority investment in WorldStrides
- $250 million incremental first and second lien facilities for Mirion Technologies’ acquisition of Canberra Industries
- $60 million ABL and $400 million secured notes financing for Kisser Milling Company
- Lightyear Capital in connection with financing for its acquisition of Therapy Brands
- States Title in connection with its acquisition of North American Title
ACQUISITION FINANCING - SELECT ARRANGER Representations
- $300 million term loan financing for Centerbridge Partners’ acquisition of Bluestem Group
- $280 million incremental term loan financing for Bluestem Group’s acquisition of Orchard Brands
- $450 million senior secured term loan facility for Bauer Performance Sports Ltd. and $200 million asset-based revolving credit facility for several of Bauer's U.S. and Canadian subsidiaries in connection with the acquisition of the baseball and softball related businesses of Easton-Bell Sports, Inc.
RESTRUCTURING - SELECT AGENT REPRESENTATIONS
- $725 million debtor-in-possession financing for Avaya, Inc.
- $800 million debtor-in-possession financing for Peabody Energy Corporation
- $592 million in debtor-in-possession financing for Alpha Natural Resources
Euromoney LMG Americas Women in Business Law Awards – “Finance Rising Star Attorney of the Year,” 2020
- Partner since 2019
- Davis Polk since 2007
Articles and Books
Regulatory Collateral: TerreStar, Tracy Broadcasting, AMR
DBR Small Cap | Dow Jones
The Logic and Limits of Credit Bidding by Secured Creditors Under the Bankruptcy Code
Lawrence P. King and Charles Seligson Workshop on Bankruptcy and Business Reorganizaiton | American Bankruptcy Institute / New York University School of Law