Aryeh Ethan Falk
Mr. Falk is counsel in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Restructuring Group in New York. He has substantial experience representing companies, hedge funds, banks and other strategic parties in a wide range of corporate restructuring transactions, including prepackaged and traditional bankruptcies, out-of-court workouts, DIP financings, section 363 sales, liability management transactions and cross-border insolvency proceedings.
- Ad hoc group of TLB lenders and DIP lenders in the chapter 11 cases of Philadelphia Energy and its affiliates
- Volkswagen, as the largest customer, in the worldwide restructuring of Takata
- Citibank as administrative agent for Avaya’s prepetition credit facility and $725 million DIP credit facility in connection with Avaya’s chapter 11 restructuring
- Citibank, N.A. as administrative agent and collateral agent, and Citigroup Global Markets Inc. as sole lead arranger and bookrunner, for $692 million of debtor-in-possession credit facilities for Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. and certain of its affiliates and Citicorp North America, Inc. as the agent for the debtors’ prepetition credit facilities
- Significant stakeholder with respect to Oi S.A.’s in-court restructuring in Brazil
- The note purchasers, exchanging noteholders and lenders in connection with a $400 million debt recapitalization of Venoco, Inc., consisting of new first- and second-lien notes and a new secured term loan, and the secured lenders in connection with Venoco’s chapter 11 restructuring
- The administrative agent for Enduro Resource Partners’ reserve-based loan
- The administrative agent in connection with an amendment to the first-lien term credit agreement for Pinnacle Operating Corporation.
- Arch Coal, Inc. and its affiliates on their chapter 11 cases
- Patriot Coal and its affiliates on their chapter 11 cases
- Comcast in connection with the involuntary bankruptcy of Houston Regional Sports Network, L.P.
- Panelist at the 2018 American Bankruptcy Institute Cross-Border Insolvency Program (“Claims Trading in a Cross-Border World”)
- Counsel, Davis Polk, 2020-present
- Associate, Davis Polk, 2012-2020