Tatiana R. Martins
Tatiana represents companies and individuals in white collar defense and regulatory enforcement matters and in conducting internal investigations involving violations of the anti-bribery laws, money laundering and financial frauds. She also advises on compliance matters.
An experienced trial lawyer, Tatiana has tried multiple cases to jury verdict. As an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the SDNY, she tried high-profile cases including that of former New York Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver. As Chief of the SDNY Public Corruption Unit, she oversaw major investigations and prosecutions, including cases against Michael D. Cohen, NCAA basketball coaches and high-level U.N. officials.
Tatiana is recognized for her white collar work by Chambers USA, where sources say she “has excellent judgment” and “always produces excellent legal analysis without losing sight of the practical and strategic implications.”
Tatiana is on the boards of the Office of the Appellate Defender and the Tinker Foundation.
- Has represented large multinational corporations in connection with DOJ and SEC investigations of bribery-related allegations in Latin America, Europe and Asia, including Siemens AG and AstraZeneca
- Conducted numerous internal investigations, including in U.S., Brazil, Colombia, Mexico and Serbia
- Represented a large multinational corporation in connection with investigations by the World Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the African Development Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the United Nations
- Assisted clients in evaluating and developing compliance policies, procedures, strategies and trainings to mitigate risk
- Conducted international arbitration on behalf of major international oil and gas company
- Successfully defended a major pharmaceutical company against claims of false advertising in a federal civil trial
- Editor, Yale Journal of Law & the Humanities
- Phi Beta Kappa
- summa cum laude
- Partner, Davis Polk, 2018-present
- Assistant U.S. Attorney, Southern District of New York, 2012-2018
- Chief, Public Corruption Unit, 2017-2018
- Deputy Chief, Public Corruption Unit, 2016-2017
- Associate, Davis Polk, 2005-2009 and 2010-2012