Counsels companies and their boards on corporate governance, securities regulation and emerging trends. A frequent speaker and author.
Ning advises companies and their boards of directors on corporate governance, securities regulation and emerging trends. For over 20 years, she has advised companies of all stages and sizes on a range of matters involving their boards, including on matters of director independence, board and committee composition and structure, board policies and practices, board evaluations and succession planning, securities regulation, proxy disclosure, listing standards, stakeholder relations, shareholder proposals, shareholder engagement, shareholder activism in all forms, proxy advisory services and ESG matters.
She counsels clients on emerging trends and developments and responding to evolving best practices. Ning is a frequent speaker and author on governance issues and is active in the corporate governance community.
Her clients include AIG, Charles River Laboratories, Comcast, ExxonMobil, FedEx, Marsh McLennan, Mastercard, McDonald’s, McKesson, S&P Global and Stanley Black & Decker.
Examples of governance, activist and crisis roles
- Confidential independent board reviews in connection with regulatory issues or potential policy matters
- Activism responses to multiple levels of stakeholders during proxy contests, withhold campaigns, say on pay and shareholder proposal challenges
- Shareholder relations, in particular with investor stewardship teams in light of evolving polices and guidelines
- Emerging trends and developments in corporate governance and the adoption and incorporation of ESG strategies
- Board policies and practices for companies entering the public market and as they mature
- Proxy disclosure and solicitation efforts in preparation for shareholder meetings
Legal 500 U.S. – Corporate Governance, Next Generation Partner
- Editor, NYU Journal of International Law and Politics
- with honors
- with honors
- Davis Polk, 1995-1996,1998-2005 and 2007-present
- Corporate and Securities Counsel, General Electric, 2005-2007
- J.P. Morgan Securities, 1996-1998
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York