Advises clients on executive compensation matters, including in the context of M&A, reorganisations, IPOs and capital raisings.
Neil advises clients on a broad range of executive compensation matters, including in the context of public and private mergers and acquisitions, reorganisations, IPOs and capital raisings. He has extensive experience advising on the design, implementation, disclosure and compliance of incentive arrangements, and advising on executive appointments and terminations.
He also advises companies with or preparing for a London Stock Exchange listing, as well as their boards and remuneration committees, on governance, regulatory and disclosure matters.
Prior to joining Davis Polk, Neil’s experience includes advising:
- Bidders and targets in public and private takeovers and mergers, including the takeovers of Aggreko, Ultra, Arrow Global, Sumo Group and Cobham, and NewMed Energy’s proposed combination with Capricorn Energy
- Private equity institutions on the design and implementation of management incentive arrangements in their portfolio companies
- Demergers of asset management businesses from FTSE 250 financial services companies, including the design and implementation of new executive and all-employee share incentives for the IPOs of the demerged businesses
- Financial services businesses on the structuring of their remuneration arrangements for compliance with financial services remuneration rules
- A major Swiss-listed software company on the design and implementation of a global all-employee share purchase plan in over 80 countries
- FTSE 100 companies on the design and implementation of their incentive plans
- Companies and directors on high-profile appointments and terminations of executives
Chambers UK – Employee Schemes & Incentives
- Counsel, Davis Polk, 2023-present
- Partner, Mishcon de Reya, 2020-2022
- Consultant, Linklaters, 2016-2020
- Partner, New Bridge Street, 2004-2016
- Senior Associate, Linklaters, 2000-2004
Qualifications and admissions
- England and Wales