Co-head of Davis Polk Asia (Ex Japan) and head of our Asia M&A and PE practice. Named to IFLR “Women Dealmakers Hall of Fame” and ALB’s “Top Female Lawyers” in Asia.
Miranda is the co-head of our practice in Asia (excluding Japan) and leads our Asia M&A and private equity practice. She acts for global and Asian corporates and funds in their most complex, high-stakes transactional matters. She advises on cross-border M&A, buyouts, sales, foreign direct investments, pre-IPO financings, joint ventures, going-private transactions, PIPEs, special situations, restructurings, and securities and other general corporate matters. She also advises clients on regulatory matters involving antitrust and competition, CFIUS and foreign investment reviews, and anti-corruption compliance.
Miranda’s work has been recognized by Chambers, IFLR, Asian Legal Business and Legal 500. She was named to IFLR’s “Women Dealmakers Hall of Fame” in 2023 and ALB’s 2022 list of the 15 “Top Female Lawyers” in Asia. Clients quoted by Chambers say Miranda is “exceptional” and “sharp in negotiations” and “can always think creatively to structure a deal and identify the issues.”
Miranda regularly represents clients in transactions named “deals of the year” by leading industry publications.
- 2023: Advised Black Spade Acquisition Co on its $23 billion combination with VinFast.
- 2022: Advised Gojek on its combination with Tokopedia. Named Best M&A Deal at FinanceAsia Achievement Awards and Deal of the Year by In-House Community Magazine.
- 2021: Advised the special committee of the board of directors of 51job, Inc. in the $5.7 billion going-private acquisition. Named TMT Deal of the Year at Asia Legal Awards and Deal of the Year by China Business Law Journal.
- 2020: Advised Tencent in the $8.7 billion going-private acquisition of 58.com. Named Private Equity Deal of the Year at IFLR Asia-Pacific Awards.
- 2019: Advised Tencent and Tencent Music Entertainment on the €3 billion strategic investment in 10% of Universal Music Group. Named Deal of the Year (Outbound) at China Law & Practice Awards.
- 2018: Advised Heineken on its HK$24.3 billion investment in the holding company of China Resources Beer and a long-term strategic partnership. Named M&A Deal of the Year at FinanceAsia Achievement Awards.
- 2017: Advised I Squared Capital on the HK$14.5 billion acquisition of Hutchison Global Communications. Named Best Hong Kong Deal at FinanceAsia Achievement Awards.
- 2016: Merger of Uber China with Didi Chuxing. Named a deal of the year at ALB Hong Kong Law Awards and China Business Law Awards.
- 2015: Meituan strategic cooperation with DianPing Holdings. Named Best China Deal at FinanceAsia Achievement Awards.
Other Work Highlights
- Miranda has advised Tencent on numerous investments, including Ubisoft, Jeeves, Academia.edu, Kuaikan Comics, Pinduoduo, Universal Music Group, Tuhu Car, Sumo Group, JD.com, China Youzan, Weimob, Bilibili, N26 GmbH, Carrefour China, Spotify, Tesla, 58.com, Miniclip Group SA, China LotSynergy, Dianping Holdings.
- She advises private equity fund clients in their investments in mainland China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam.
- She has advised on going-private transactions by 51job, 58.com, E-House, Charm Communications and Simcere Pharmaceutical.
- Her work spans industries including TMT, biotech and healthcare, consumer products and retail, education, energy and utilities, financial services, and transportation and infrastructure.
IFLR Asia-Pacific Awards – “Women Dealmakers Hall of Fame,” 2023
Chambers Global and Greater China Region – Corporate/M&A: Hong Kong-Based (International Firms), China
Chambers Greater China Region – Private Equity: Buyouts & Venture Capital Investment (International Firms), China
Legal 500 Asia Pacific – Corporate (Including M&A), Hong Kong
Legal 500 Asia Pacific – Private Equity, Hong Kong
IFLR1000 – M&A, Private Equity, Hong Kong and New York, Highly Regarded
IFLR1000 – Hong Kong “Women Leaders,” 2022
Asian Legal Business – “Asia’s Top 15 Female Lawyers,” 2022
Asian Legal Business – “Dealmakers of Asia,” 2020 and 2021
Asian Legal Business Hong Kong Law Awards – “Young Lawyer of the Year,” 2017
Law360 – “Rising Star: M&A,” 2016
- magna cum laude
- summa cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- summa cum laude
- Partner, 2011-present
- Davis Polk since 2003
Qualifications and admissions
- Hong Kong
- State of New York