Co-head of Capital Markets and a member of our Latin America practice. Ranked in the top tier for capital markets work by Chambers Global.
Maurice is the co-head of our Capital Markets practice and a member of our Latin America practice. He has worked on public and private debt and equity offerings, exchange offers and debt restructurings by U.S. and non-U.S. issuers in a variety of industries.
Working from offices in New York and São Paulo, Maurice is ranked in the top tier for capital markets work in Latin America by Chambers Global. He is “an outstanding lawyer, with deep knowledge of law and impressive capacity to understand clients’ needs” and is also “incredibly experienced in Latin America,” sources tell Chambers.
Maurice also regularly advises U.S. and non-U.S. corporate clients with respect to general corporate matters, including corporate governance, SEC and Sarbanes-Oxley matters.
- Initial public offering of BM&F (the Brazilian futures exchange) – one of the largest ever in Latin America
- Rights offerings by Enersis and Banco Santander
- Initial public offerings of Arcos Dorados, Adecoagro, Boa Vista, Brascan, Carrefour Brasil, CPFL Energia, Corporacion Inmobiliaria Vesta, GeoPark, Grupo de Moda SOMA, Inpar, Lojas Renner, SEB, Smiles, StoneCo, Track & Field Co, Vivax and other issuers
- Follow-on equity offerings by Arcos Dorados, Adecoagro, Almacenes Exito, Banco do Brasil, BR Distribuidora, CCR, Copa Airlines, Anhanguera, Telefónica Brasil, MercadoLibre and SLC Agricola
- High-yield debt offerings by AI Candelaria (Spain), Arcos Dorados, Arcor, Auna, Automotores Gildemeister, Banco Hipotecario, Banreservas, Cash America, Cementos Progreso, Comcel, Credivalores, GeoPark, Gol Airlines, Gran Tierra Energy, Grupo Posadas, IRSA Commercial Properties, Independencia, Industrias Peñoles, KIO Networks, Kodak, Pampa Energía, PDVSA, Promigas, SPX FLOW, Telefónica Celular del Paraguay, Tigo Guatemala and other issuers
- Investment-grade debt offerings by AES Angamos, AES Gener, Agrosuper, Andina, Aruba, CABEI, Colbún, Embotelladora Andina, Emgesa, Enersis Americas, Endesa Chile, Entel, Banco do Brasil, Bci, Banco Santander Chile, Banco Estado, Banco Votorantim, Guacolda, Industrias Peñoles, Metro de Santiago, Ocensa, Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile, Telefónica Moviles Chile, Telefónica Chile and Terrafina
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 notes offerings by Banco do Brasil
- Debt restructurings of Aeroméxico, Government of Belize, LATAM Airlines, Maxcom, Independencia, PDVSA, RBS Zero-Hora, Metrogas and Autopistas del Sol
- A variety of debt and equity offerings by Genworth and Western Refining
Chambers Global – Capital Markets – International Counsel, Latin America, Band 1
Chambers Latin America – Capital Markets – International Counsel, Band 1
Chambers Global – Capital Markets (International Firms), Brazil
Chambers Brazil – Capital Markets (International Firms)
Crain’s New York Business – “Notable Hispanic Leaders,” 2022
Legal 500 Latin America – Capital Markets
Latinvex – Latin America’s Top 100 Lawyers, 2018
Latinvex – Latin America’s Rising Legal Stars, 2016
- Associate Editor, New York University Law Review
- cum laude
- Partner, 2008-present
- Davis Polk since 2000
Qualifications and admissions
- São Paulo
- State of New York