Advises financial institutions, fund managers and corporates on a wide range of U.K. financial regulatory matters. Provides advice on corporate transactions.
Mark focuses on U.K. financial services regulation. This includes advising on the rules of the FCA and PRA, regulatory perimeter and financial promotion issues, the recast Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation, the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive, the Market Abuse Regulation, and the European Market Infrastructure Regulation, as well as anti-money laundering and sanctions compliance. He also advises clients in connection with corporate transactions, including due diligence and obtaining U.K. financial regulatory approvals in relation to acquisitions.
His clients include international banks, fund managers, payment services and fintech companies and other financial institutions.
- Financials Acquisition £150 million IPO
- New Energy One Acquisition £175 million IPO
- Viva Wallet strategic investment by J.P. Morgan
- SS&C Technologies acquisition of Hubwise
- ING Groep $2 billion additional Tier 1 contingent convertible capital securities
- Lightyear Capital acquisition of Wren Sterling
- Charles Taylor £285 million takeover by Lovell Minnick
- Nuvei $889 million offer for SafeCharge International Group
- with honours
- Counsel, 2022-present
- Associate, 2018-2022
Qualifications and admissions
- England and Wales