Leon E. Salkin
Provides transactional, regulatory and compliance advice to funds, business development companies and investment advisers. Advises on digital currency fund formation.
Leon provides transactional, regulatory and compliance advice to open-end and closed-end registered investment companies, business development companies, commodity exchange-traded funds, private funds and investment advisers. He also regularly provides advice regarding the structuring, launch and operation of private digital currency funds.
In addition, Leon advises financial institutions, fund sponsors, corporations, employees’ securities companies and other entities regarding exemptions under the Investment Company Act and the Investment Advisers Act.
- Advised Silver Spike Capital on the launch of its business development company, Silver Spike Investment Corp.
- Serves as counsel to the independent directors of multiple fund complexes
- Advised numerous asset managers on the structuring, launch and operation of private digital currency funds
- Counsel, 2023-present
- Davis Polk since 2021
Qualifications and admissions
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of New York