Advises clients on competition law aspects of M&A, litigation, non-merger conduct investigations, regulatory proceedings and antitrust risk counseling.
Chris helps clients formulate their antitrust clearance strategies for their most complex transactions. He also represents clients in high-profile antitrust litigations. In addition, Chris advises clients in a variety of non-merger conduct investigations and competition-related regulatory proceedings.
He counsels clients across a wide range of industries, and has a particular focus on telecommunications, media, technology, advertising, privacy and internet-related issues.
Chris is Vice Chair of the Unilateral Conduct Committee of the Antitrust Law Section of the American Bar Association and Vice Chair of the Monopolization and Big Tech Committee of the New York State Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section.
- IHS Markit on its $44 billion all-stock merger with S&P Global
- Taboola on the DOJ approval of its proposed merger with Outbrain
- Charles Schwab on its $26 billion acquisition of TD Ameritrade
- NBCUniversal on its joint venture with Warner Bros. regarding marketing and distribution of physical home media
- Services Group of America on the $1.8 billion sale of its five operating companies, collectively known as SGA’s Food Group of Companies, to US Foods
- Aetna on its $77 billion acquisition by CVS Health
- NBCUniversal on its $3.8 billion acquisition of DreamWorks Animation
- Comcast on its $37 billion joint venture with NBCUniversal
- Comcast and NBCUniversal in defending against attempted monopolization claims regarding regional sports networks
- Comcast in defending against monopolization claims regarding local cable advertising
- Comcast in defending against class certification and expert challenges in lawsuits challenging the territorial broadcasting rules of the NHL and MLB
- Comcast in defending in an FCC trial regarding alleged discrimination in carriage decisions
- Non-public civil and criminal investigations relating to alleged antitrust violations
- Order of the Coif
- Notes Editor, Virginia Law Review
- Counsel, 2015-present
- Associate, 2008-2015
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Colorado
- U.S. District Court, E.D. New York
- U.S. District Court, S.D. New York