Chris Van Buren
Represents issuers, private equity investors and investment banks in connection with a wide range of SEC-registered and exempt offerings.
Chris represents issuers, private equity investors and investment banks in connection with SEC-registered and exempt offerings. U.S. and international capital markets transactions he has advised on include equity offerings (IPOs, follow-ons, SPAC IPOs and de-SPACs), debt offerings (high-yield and investment-grade) and liability management transactions. He also advises clients on general corporate matters, including corporate governance and SEC compliance.
Chris’s transactional practice spans a broad spectrum of industries, including healthcare and life sciences, fintech, industrials, insurance, retail and energy.
- CCC Intelligent Solutions Holdings $194 million follow-on offering
- Mastercard €750 million senior notes offering
- Ancestry.com $250 million senior notes offering
- MoneyLion acquisition of Even Financial
- Privia Health $174 million secondary offering
- Mastercard $750 million senior notes offering
- Valens Semiconductor completed $1.1 billion combination with PTK Acquisition
- Sands China $1.95 billion notes offering
- Clarivate $1.8 billion exchange offers
- Valens Semiconductor’s business combination with PTK Acquisition Corp.
- Privia Health $525.8 million IPO
- EnVen Energy $300 million high-yield notes offering and credit facility amendment
- Century Aluminum $86.25 million convertible senior notes offering
- Mastercard $1.3 billion notes offering, with its first sustainability bonds
- Taboola $2.6 billion merger with ION Acquisition Corp. 1
- Veritiv secondary offering
- Cravath International Fellow
- Jacob Wendell Scholar
- Phi Beta Kappa
- magna cum laude
- Counsel, 2022-present
- Associate, 2015-2021
Qualifications and admissions
- State of New York