Associate in our Corporate practice, based in Tokyo.
Chihiro has significant experience in U.S.-directed and Japanese cross-border equity and debt transactions and other corporate matters.
Chihiro's recent experience includes the following representations:
- The underwriters on an SEC-registered offering of TLAC senior debt securities of Mizuho Financial Group
- The Metropolis of Tokyo on its debut offering of U.S.-dollar denominated bonds under Rule 144A/Regulation S
- The initial purchasers on:
- An offering of TLAC senior debt securities by Mizuho Financial Group under Rule 144A/Regulation S
- A follow-on global offering of investment units by Invincible Investment Corporation, a Japanese REIT, under Rule 144A/Regulation S
- LaSalle LOGIPORT REIT’s global IPO of investment units
- The debut offering of U.S.-dollar denominated debt securities by Central Japan Railway Company under Rule 144A/Regulation S
- Suntory Holdings' debut international bond offering*
- The initial public offering by Seibu Holdings on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and subsequent secondary block offering by Cerberus affiliates*
- The initial purchasers on global offering by:
- Aozora Bank and secondary sale of shares by Cerberus affiliates*
- All Nippon Airways*
* Selected representations before joining Davis Polk.
Legal 500 Asia Pacific – Capital Markets: International Firms and Joint Ventures, Japan, Rising Star
- Associate, Davis Polk, 2015-present
- Linklaters (Tokyo), 2006-2015
Qualifications and admissions
- Dai-Ni Tokyo
- State of New York