Associate in our Litigation practice, resident in Hong Kong.
Bo advises Chinese companies and individuals, Chinese and international financial institutions, and multinational corporations in regulatory and internal investigations of alleged U.S. and Hong Kong securities law violations, breaches of Hong Kong sponsors requirements and FCPA violations. He also advises on sanctions and export control compliance, licensing matters and fintech regulations.
Bo previously spent over five years in Davis Polk’s corporate practice and worked on multiple equity, debt and M&A transactions.
- Advising a leading U.S. technology company on an investigation in alleged Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations in the company’s procurement and marketing operations in China
- Representing the CEO of a technology company in connection with a U.S. SEC investigation of delinquent filing
- Representing the CTO of a technology company in connection with a U.S. SEC investigation of securities trading activities
- Conducting multiple internal investigations on behalf of a global pharmaceutical company in relation to anti-corruption compliance in its China operations
- Advising multiple Chinese technology companies on U.S. sanctions and export control compliance
- Advising private equity firms and U.S. listed PRC companies in FCPA due diligence in mergers and acquisitions transactions
- Representing a U.S.-listed company in relation to a dispute brought by its shareholder arising from private placement and M&A
- Representing two international investment banks in connection with Hong Kong IPO sponsorship investigations by the SFC
- Representing an international investment bank in connection with an SFC investigation in relation to conflicts of interest in Hong Kong IPOs
- Representing an international investment bank in connection with an SFC investigation in relation to sales misconduct
- Representing an international investment bank in connection with an SFC investigation in relation to cornerstone independence
- Advising international and PRC investment banks in connection with sponsor reviews and SFC audits
- Representing PRC and international investment banks in connection with various SFC’s regulatory inquiries and investigations, including in relation to violation of reporting obligations in mergers and acquisitions, potential market misconduct, bookbuilding practice in Hong Kong IPOs, sponsor resignations, etc.
- Advising international and PRC investment banks and corporate clients on regulatory and internal investigations across various aspects of their business
- Advising an international PE fund in relation to disputes relating to an investment in a fintech company
- Advising multiple virtual asset platform operators in relation to Hong Kong regulatory compliance and licensing matters
- Advising multiple PRC fintech companies in relation to proposed blockchain business models in Hong Kong
- with honors
- Davis Polk since 2011
Qualifications and admissions
- Hong Kong
- State of New York