Supervisor, Word Processing
Available compressed shifts:
Fri/Sat/Sun, 7:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Sat/Sun/Mon, 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 a.m.
Mon/Tue/Fri, 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 a.m.
Tue/Wed/Fri, 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 a.m.
Sun/Mon/Tue, 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Overtime as needed.
The Word Processing Operator is responsible for performing computer related work which requires the application of a full range of word processing functions as dictated by the software used to produce documents. The Word Processing Operator is also responsible for transcribing and distributing, faxing, scanning, and copying documents.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Produce a wide variety of documents such as financial documents, correspondence, reports, presentations, and charts
- Create, revise and print documents utilizing computer system software, macros, templates and standard forms
- Work one-on-one with lawyers on special projects that need specific instruction
- Convert documents from various applications to requested applications
- Provide word processing assistance to users on every practice floor and other offices
- Utilize application skills to provide support in person or over the telephone to users who need application assistance
- Transcribe dictation to produce a variety of legal documents as requested for lawyers
- Possess a strong knowledge of word processing fundamentals and understand computer applications in accordance with firm standards
- Ability to properly utilize and apply all advanced functions of applications such as MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Acrobat
- Ability to scan documents to text or pdf using various OCR software or other scanning methods
- Possess a highly motivated attitude
- Willingness to participate in special projects and training
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time restraints
- Ability to operate standard office equipment such as a computer, multifunction devices (print/copy/scan/fax), and dictation transcription equipment
- Ability to retrieve and distribute files, written documents or office supplies
- Work with various hardware media such as flash drives/cds/dvds and datasites
- Ability to handle confidential material in a discreet manner
- Ability to manage a varied workload and meet deadlines
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Ensure confidentiality of all the Firm’s and clients documentation and information
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work collaboratively with lawyers and business services professionals, demonstrating strong teamwork and a positive attitude
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, legal or financial Word Processing Center preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $85,000 - $99,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter.Apply by email