Supervisor, Word Processing
Available full-time shifts:
- Thursday/Friday/Saturday, 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Monday/Friday/Sunday, 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
- Friday/Saturday/Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The Word Processing Coordinator provides seamless coverage when the Word Processing Supervisor is absent or away from the workflow area. In the event the Word Processing Supervisor is absent, the Coordinator will assume the lead role at the workflow desk. The Word Processing Coordinator is also responsible for document work which requires advanced knowledge of a full range of word processing applications. In addition, the Word Processing Coordinator is responsible for distributing, faxing, scanning, and copying documents as well as other responsibilities outlined below.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor e-mail for work requests and respond in a timely manner
- Accept, log, and prioritize work requests
- Complete the Request for Work form and record the request in the electronic log
- Prepare the end of shift status report
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problematic jobs
- Check workstations in the Conference Center to ensure equipment is working and that there are adequate supplies
- Handle conference room reservation requests
- Answer Computer Support hotline calls when they are not available
- Check with Distribution Center for remaining work and review the end of shift status report
- Distribute remaining work from previous shift to staff
- Check Conflicts database for active conflict requests
- Perform conflict searches during off-hours
- Monitor and resolve technical problems associated with work requests
- Check paper supply and order as necessary
- Monitor proofreading temps including a review of procedures and paperwork
- Monitor general cleanliness and appearance of the Word Processing area
- Check Word Processing equipment periodically: printers, pcs, mfps, and transcription hardware/software
- Advanced level proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Acrobat
- Considerable knowledge of and the ability to use computers and software applications currently being used at the Firm
- Effective communication and sound judgment
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, and perform high level coordinating duties in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems and develop appropriate and feasible solutions
- Ability to maintain personnel records and prepare reports and correspondence accurately and efficiently
- Excellent writing skills and the demonstrated ability to develop written reports, correspondence, and action plans
- Considerable interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with lawyers and business services professionals, demonstrating strong teamwork and a positive attitude
- Flexibility in daily schedule to accommodate unexpected situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain composure and able to cope with varied situations
- Ensure confidentiality of all the Firm’s and clients documentation and information
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a legal or financial word processing center
- High school diploma or equivalent
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $100,000 - $110,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, anticipated assignment, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.