Ms. Tsiouris is counsel in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Restructuring Group. She regularly represents hedge funds, creditors, banks and other strategic parties in a wide range of corporate restructurings and bankruptcies in connection with pre-packaged and traditional bankruptcies, out-of-court workouts and risk management transactions. Ms. Tsiouris also has substantial experience advising on credit risks involved in cross-border derivatives and other complex financial transactions.
Ms. Tsiouris was counsel to:
- An ad hoc group of creditors holding $3.2 billion in term loan claims in the restructuring of McDermott International
- A leading financial institution in connection with the chapter 11 cases of Stearns Holdings, LLC and its affiliates
- Citibank, as agent, in connection with a $1 billion debtor-in-possession financing for Windstream Holdings, Inc.
- An ad hoc group of senior creditors in the restructuring of Bristow Group Inc.
- Volkswagen, as the largest customer, in the worldwide restructuring of Takata
- Significant creditor groups in connection with the companies’ out-of-court restructuring and chapter 11 cases, including FirstEnergy Solutions Corp., Midstates Petroleum and Ascent Resources-Marcellus
- The administrative agent for a steering committee of lenders, in connection with The J.G. Wentworth Company’s prepackaged bankruptcy
- Citibank, as agent, in connection with a $725 million debtor-in-possession financing for Avaya Inc. and certain of its affiliates
- The indenture trustee working at the instruction of Majority Lenders in connection with the exercise of remedies against the Schahin Group
- The committee of second-lien and DIP lenders to RCS Holdings
- Patriot Coal Corporation and its affiliates in connection with their chapter 11 cases
- Citibank on its $1 billion pre-purchase of AAdvantage Miles from American Airlines and its worldwide affinity relationship in connection with American's chapter 11 proceedings
- Citibank, as agent and lender, in connection with the potential restructuring and the successful refinancing of a $160 million senior secured credit facility for Oxford Mining Company, LLC
- Davis Polk since 2010
- Credit Suisse, 2005-2007