Jonah A. Peppiatt
Mr. Peppiatt is an associate in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Restructuring Group. He regularly represents companies, creditors, banks, hedge funds, asset purchasers and other strategic parties in a wide range of corporate restructurings and bankruptcies, including prepackaged and traditional bankruptcies, out-of-court workouts, DIP and exit financings, section 363 sales and liability management transactions.
- The administrative agent and revolving lenders under Crossmark Holdings, Inc.’s first-lien credit agreement in connection with Crossmark’s out-of-court restructuring
- Citibank, N.A. as credit card bank and agent under prepetition letter of credit facility in connection with the chapter 11 cases of Sears, Roebuck & Co. and its affiliates
- Ad hoc group of TLB lenders and DIP lenders in the chapter 11 restructuring of Philadelphia Energy and its affiliates
- Ad hoc group of first lien, second lien and DIP lenders and rights offering backstop parties in the prepackaged chapter 11 restructuring of Fieldwood Energy and its affiliates, including a $525 million rights offering
- Ad hoc group of senior secured lenders, DIP lenders and rights offering backstop parties in connection with the Expro Group’s prepackaged chapter 11 restructuring
- Ad hoc group of lenders in connection with a $1.1 billion term loan credit agreement amendment and waiver with Synchronoss Technologies, Inc.
- Citibank, N.A. as administrative agent for Peabody Energy’s prepetition first lien credit agreement and DIP credit facility in connection with Peabody’s chapter 11 restructuring
- Certain of the U.S.’s global systemically important banking groups (G-SIBs) in connection with Dodd-Frank Resolution Planning
- Delta Air Lines, Inc. in connection with a global settlement to restructure Delta’s codeshare relationship with Republic Airways Holdings during Republic’s chapter 11 restructuring, including providing DIP Financing
- Davis Polk since 2016
Articles and Books
The Waterfall of Tiers: A Relocation Cost-Based Theory of Municipal Insolvency and a Proposal for a New Municipal Bankruptcy Regime | Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal, Vol. 32.2 (2016)
Searching for Optimal Governance on the Nonprofit Board: Dynamic Resource Constraints and a Rejection of Board Bifurcation | New York University Review of Law & Social Change, Vol. 39.4 (2015)