James A. Florack
Mr. Florack is a member of Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, co-head of the global Credit Group and head of the Latin American finance practice, advising clients on a range of corporate finance transactions, including leveraged lending, structured finance, high-yield debt offerings and other capital markets transactions, with a particular focus on financings for leveraged acquisitions whether led by financial sponsors or otherwise.
His practice involves transactions in both U.S. and international cross-border markets, particularly in Europe and Latin America, and an array of notable companies seeking the use of credit, including Arteris S.A., Campbell Soup Company, Celulosa Arauco y Constitución S.A., Cencosud, Digital Globe, Estée Lauder, Embotelladora Andina, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Exxon Mobil, Fidelity National Financial, General Mills, Grupo Bimbo, H.J. Heinz, Moneygram, Telefónica Móviles Colombia, Thomson Reuters and NXP.
- $6 billion five-year revolving credit facility for Merck & Co., Inc.
- $5 billion 394-day unsecured revolving credit facility for Exxon Mobil Corporation
- $3.5 billion revolving credit facility for Hyundai Capital America
- €2.4 billion senior unsecured bridge facility for XPO Logistics’ acquisition of Norbert Dentressangle
- $2.2 billion five-year revolving credit facility for Campbell Soup Company
- $2.2 billion term loan and $250 million revolver for Zebra Technologies’ acquisition of Motorola Solutions, Inc.’s enterprise mobility business
- $2 billion 364-day revolving credit facility and $1.2 billion five-year revolving credit facility for Eli Lilly and Company
- $2 billion revolving credit facility for SandRidge Energy, Inc.
- $1.5 billion unsecured credit facility for H.J. Heinz Company and H.J. Heinz Finance Company
- $1.2 billion five-year unsecured revolving credit facility for McGraw Hill Financial, Inc.
- $830 million and €200 million term loan facility for Tech Finance & Co S.C.A, and €100 million revolving credit facility for Technicolor S.A.
Latin America Lender Representations
- $2 billion amendment and upsize of the revolving credit facility for Grupo Bimbo, S.A.B. de C.V.
- $625 million bridge credit agreementfor Embotelladora Andina’s acquisition of Companhia de Bebidas Ipiranga
- $495 million senior unsecured term loan credit facility for Sodimac Peru S.A. for its acquisition of Maestro Peru S.A.
- $330 million term loan facility for Empresa Eléctrica Guacolda S.A.
- $300 million bridge credit facility for Gerdau Hungria Holdings Limited Liability Company, a subsidiary of Gerdau S.A.
- $300 million term loan facility for Odebrecht Latin Finance S.à R.L. in connection with the Chaglla Hydroelectric Power Project in Peru
Mr. Florack is consistently recognized for his work in the legal industry:
- Chambers Global – Banking & Finance (USA) | Band 1
- Chambers USA – Banking & Finance (Nationwide) | Band 1
- Chambers Latin America – Banking & Finance (LatAm-wide) | Band 1
- Legal 500 US – Commercial Lending (US) | Leading Lawyer
- Legal 500 Latin America – Banking & Finance (International Firms) | Leading Lawyer
- IFLR1000 – Banking (US) | Highly Regarded
- Who’s Who Legal – Banking (USA) | Thought Leaders Global Elite
- Partner, 1994-present
- Associate, 1986-1994
- Law Clerk, Hon. Alicemarie H. Stotler, U.S. District Court, C.D. California, 1984-1986