Deanna L. Kirkpatrick
Ms. Kirkpatrick is a partner in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department and serves as the firm's Finance Partner as part of the firm's four member senior leadership team. As Finance Partner she is responsible for overseeing Davis Polk's finances. As a senior member of the firm’s Capital Markets Group, her practice includes public equity, equity-linked, debt and other securities offerings. She has regularly worked for both issuers and underwriters in connection with capital markets transactions. Ms. Kirkpatrick has worked on offerings for issuers over a broad spectrum of industries, including financial institutions, utilities, healthcare, oil and gas, retail, media and special-purpose acquisition companies.
Ms. Kirkpatrick was named a New York Law Journal "Distinguished Leader" in 2017, a Law360 "Capital Markets MVP" in 2016 and "Best in Capital Markets" by Euromoney LMG Americas Women in Business Law Awards in 2013.
Ms. Kirkpatrick has participated in offerings by companies such as Abbott, Lockheed Martin, Walgreen’s, PDC Energy, Black Hills, Hess and Re/Max.
She has advised the underwriters on offerings by the Toronto Dominion Bank, Export Development Canada, the Government of Canada and various Canadian provinces.
She has represented issuers such as Bats Global Markets, L Brands, VF Corporation and DXC in securities offerings and corporate governance matters.
She has also represented virtually all the major investment banks, including JPMorgan Chase, Citi, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley as underwriters’ counsel in equity and debt offerings and regularly advises investment banking clients on securities law-related matters.
In addition, Ms. Kirkpatrick has advised on numerous biotech and life sciences IPOs for the following companies: Orchard Therapeutics plc, Aptinyx Inc., Magenta Therapeutics, Inc., Solid Biosciences Inc., InflaRx N.V., Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Dova Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Jounce Therapeutics, Inc., Patheon N.V. and Cynapsus Therapeutics Inc.
Ms. Kirkpatrick is consistently recognized for her work in the legal industry:
- New York Law Journal – "Distinguished Leader," 2017
- Law360 – "Capital Markets MVP," 2016
- Euromoney LMG Americas Women in Business Law Awards – “Best in Capital Markets,” 2013
- Chambers USA
- Finance Partner, Davis Polk & Wardwell, responsible for overseeing the firm’s finances as one of four members of the firm's senior leadership team
- Regularly participates as a speaker on various PLI panels
- Committee on Financial Reporting, New York City Bar
- Co-Author, “Role of the Law Firm” in NASDAQ’s Going Public: A Guide for North American Companies to Listing on the U.S. Securities Markets
- Senior Leadership Team, 2019-present
- Finance Partner, 2011-present
- Partner, 1997-present
- Associate, 1989-1997