Mr. Schiff is an associate in Davis Polk's Corporate Department, practicing in the Restructuring Group. He regularly represents hedge funds, creditor groups, banks, companies and other strategic parties in a wide range of corporate restructurings and bankruptcies in connection with pre-packaged and traditional bankruptcies, out-of-court workouts and risk management transactions.
Mr. Schiff recently acted as counsel to:
- A backstop party and major stakeholder in Oi S.A.'s in-court Brazilian restructuring and U.S. chapter 15 cases
- The secured loan agent in connection with the cross-border restructuring of Concordia International
- The prepetition secured lenders and DIP lenders to C&J Energy Services
- The first-lien term loan agent and lender steering committee to Pinnacle Agriculture in connection with its recapitalization
- The committee of second-lien and DIP lenders to RCS Capital Corporation
- A major creditor with in litigation arising from the chapter 11 proceedings for China Fishery Group
- Lenders, noteholders, steering committees, administrative agents and equity sponsors in connection with several recapitalizations, amendments and workout negotiations
Before joining Davis Polk, Mr. Schiff represented debtors and creditors in in-court and out-of-court restructurings in a range of industries, including telecommunications, shipping and energy.
- Davis Polk since 2015
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, 2013-2015