Mr. Lisson is a partner in Davis Polk’s Litigation Department, practicing in Northern California. He has extensive experience litigating patent infringement and other intellectual property cases, as well as general commercial disputes.
Mr. Lisson has worked on matters in various industries, including telecommunications, data and video networks and services, minimally invasive surgical devices, and search engine and database applications. He has represented clients before courts around the country as well as the International Trade Commission.
- Comcast Corporation in various patent disputes and cases brought around the country
- Transcend Medical, Inc. in a patent case relating to stents for treatment of glaucoma
- Yahoo! Inc. in patent suit brought by Xerox Corp. concerning targeted search methodologies
- VNUS Medical Technologies in patent infringement litigation in connection with minimally invasive surgical procedures to treat veinous reflux disease (the cause of varicose veins)
- Playtex Products in a false advertising case against Procter & Gamble in connection with a new line of Procter & Gamble products
- Energizer Holdings and Eveready Battery Company in patent litigation concerning plastic injection molding manufacturing processes
- Prominent international law firm in high-profile malpractice action in California state court
- “Rising Star” in Intellectual Property Litigation/General Litigation – Northern California Super Lawyers 2012-2017
- Partner, Davis Polk since 2017
- Counsel, 2014-2017; Associate, 2007-2014
- Law Clerk, Hon. Ian Binnie, Supreme Court of Canada, 2005-2006