Daniel J. Schwartz
Mr. Schwartz is counsel in Davis Polk’s Litigation Department. He represents financial institutions and professional services firms in federal and state securities matters, class actions and complex commercial litigation. He has also represented clients in a variety of regulatory, criminal, antitrust and bankruptcy matters.
- Morgan Stanley in multiple litigations nationwide relating to residential mortgage-backed securities and collateralized debt obligation (CDO) transactions
- Dismissal of a putative class action against a major investment bank brought by investors in a $1.2 billion CDO transaction backed by subprime mortgage assets
- Partial summary judgment for an investment bank in a contractual dispute with a monoline insurer over coverage for credit losses on a $1 billion CDO transaction
- Defending a major New York law firm in a putative securities fraud class action arising from investments in a purported international Ponzi scheme
- A major investment bank in securities class actions and related matters arising from alleged conflicts of interest between equity research and investment banking
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in securities class action and related litigation relating to Tyco International, Ltd.
- Frontier Airlines in litigation with its unions over collective bargaining agreements in connection with Chapter 11 restructuring proceedings
- Pharmaceutical companies in antitrust litigation and licensing disputes
- Institutions and individuals in civil regulatory and criminal investigations by FINRA, the SEC, and other federal and state regulators
- Counsel, 2011-present
- Associate, 2002-2011