Mr. Brass is a partner in Davis Polk's Corporate Department, practicing in the Mergers and Acquisitions Group. He advises U.S. and other international corporate and private equity clients on a full range of public and private transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, investments, joint ventures, collaborations, spinoffs, restructurings, special committee representations and defensive and corporate governance advice, with significant experience in multi-jurisdiction cross-border transactions.
Shire plc on its:
- £46 billion acquisition by Takeda
- $54.8 billion proposed acquisition by AbbVie
- $5.2 billion acquisition of NPS Pharmaceuticals
Reckitt Benckiser on its:
- $17.9 billion acquisition of Mead Johnson Nutrition
- $4.2 billion sale of its food division to McCormick
Natura on its:
- $1.9 billion proposed acquisition of Avon Products
- €1.0 billion acquisition of The Body Shop from L’Oréal
VF Corporation on its:
- spinoff of its Jeans business
- spinoff of its VF Outlet business
- sale of the Reef Brand to The Rockport Group
- Ferrero International on its $2.8 billion acquisition of Nestlé's U.S. confectionery business and $1.3 billion acquisition of Kellogg Company’s cookie, fruit and fruit-flavored snack, ice cream cone and pie crust businesses.
- A Ferrero affiliated company on its acquisition of Ferrara Candy Company from private equity firm L Catterton
- TiGenix on its $624 million acquisition by Takeda
Petrobras on its $892 million sale of its indirect stake in Petrobras Argentina to Pampa Energia
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering on its proposed combination with Silicon Precision Industries Co.
IHS Inc. on its:
- CAD 650 million acquisition of CARPROOF Corporation
- Acquisition of Oil Price Information Service
Fibria Celulose on its approximately $14.4 billion acquisition by Suzano Papel e Celuose
Lydall on its acquisition of the industrial filtration businesses of Andrew Industries
Digicel on its initial joint venture in Myanmar and the subsequent sale of a controlling stake to edotco Group Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of the Axiata Group
Freeport-McMoRan on the:
- Sale of a 13% stake in its Morenci mine joint venture to Sumitomo Metal Mining Co. Ltd for $1 billion
- Sale of a $262.5 million stake in its Timok mine project in Serbia to Lundin Mining Corporation
- Amendment and restatement of its term loan facility and revolving credit facility
- Cornell Capital on its $363 million convertible preferred investment in MRC Global Inc.
First Wind on its $2.4 billion acquisition by SunEdison, Inc. and TerraForm Power Inc.
PartnerRe on its initial $11 billion merger of equals with Axis and subsequent acquisition by EXOR for $6.9 billion
Comcast Corporation on its acquisition of Icontrol Networks Inc.
Tailwind Capital on its acquisition of Lone Peak dental practices
The special committee of the board of SWS Group, Inc. on its acquisition by Hilltop Holdings Inc.
Bats Global Markets, Inc. on its acquisition of ETF.com
Various private equity transactions for Crestview and Goldman Sachs
- Law360 – “Rising Star: Mergers & Acquisitions,” 2019
- Partner, Davis Polk since 2017
- Associate, Davis Polk, 2012-2017
- Slaughter and May, 2006-2012