Mr. Cheng is a counsel in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Credit Group. He regularly represents arrangers, lenders, sponsors and borrowers in a variety of secured and unsecured financings, acquisition and bridge financings, debtor-in-possession and exit financings, asset-based and cash-flow-based credit facilities, project financings and structured and securitization programs.
- $2.925 billion senior secured exit financing for Avaya, Inc.
- $2.35 billion senior secured financing for the acquisition of La Quinta Holdings Inc. by Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
- $1.85 billion first lien and second lien financings for Solenis International
- $1.38 billion senior secured financing for the acquisition by KSL Capital Partners and Henry Crown and Company of Mammoth, Squaw Valley Ski Holdings, LLC and Intrawest Resorts Holdings, Inc.
- $1.35 billion senior secured bridge term loan facility and $650 million senior unsecured bridge term loan facility for PetSmart, Inc.’s acquisition of Chewy, Inc.
- $1.3 billion senior secured financing for Wyndham Destinations, Inc.
- $705 million first lien and second lien financings for Carlyle’s acquisition of MedRisk Holdco, LLC
- $610 million first lien and second lien financings for Madison Dearborn’s acquisition of SIRVA Inc.
- $145 million second lien financing for the acquisition of CommerceHub, Inc. by GTCR and Sycamore Partners Management
- $100 million senior secured asset-based financing for Utz Quality Foods, Inc.
- $60 million senior secured asset-based financing for Airxcel, Inc.
- $50 million debtor-in-possession financing for Nine West Holdings, Inc.
Mr. Cheng is recognized for his work in the legal industry:
- IFLR1000 – Banking and Finance: "Rising Star"
- Legal Media Group Expert Guides – Banking: "Rising Star"
- “Designated Lender Counsel Arrangements,” Practical Law, The Journal
- “Term Loans and High Yield Bonds: Current Status of the Convergence,” Practical Law, The Journal
- “Judgment Call: Don't become a basket case,” The Deal Pipeline
- “Equity Cure and ECF: Traps and Tricks,” The Deal Pipeline
- “Term Loans and High Yield Bonds: Tracking the Convergence,” Practical Law, The Journal
- Davis Polk since 2017
- Paul Hastings, 2014 to 2017
- Shearman & Sterling, 1999 to 2014