Mr. Cheng is counsel in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Finance Group. He regularly represents arrangers, lenders, sponsors and borrowers in a variety of secured and unsecured financings, acquisition and bridge financings, debtor-in-possession and exit financings, asset-based and cash-flow-based financings, project financings and structured and securitization programs.
- $3.75 billion senior unsecured facilities for 7-Eleven, Inc.’s acquisition of Speedway
- $2.93 billion senior secured exit financing for Avaya, Inc.
- $2.81 billion superpriority debtor-in-possession financing for McDermott Technology
- $2.75 billion senior secured exit financing for PG&E Corporation
- $2.50 billion first lien and second lien financings for Franciso Partners’ acquisition of LogMeIn, Inc.
- $2.40 billion first lien and second lien financings for Solenis International
- $2.35 billion senior secured financing for the acquisition of La Quinta Holdings Inc. by Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
- $1.875 billion superpriority debtor-in-possession and exit financing for Frontier Communications Corporation
- $1.29 billion first lien and second lien financings for Partners Group (USA)’s acquisition of EyeCare Partners, LLC
- $1.24 billion senior secured financing for spin-off of Garrett Motion Inc.
- $1.00 billion superpriority debtor-in-possession financing for Windstream Services, LLC
- $705 million first lien and second lien financings for Carlyle’s acquisition of MedRisk Holdco, LLC
- $242.5 million senior secured financing for Amerigent Borrower, L.P.’s acquisition of certain space-based optics business
- $175 million senior secured asset-based financing for Bain’s acquisition of Imperial Dade
- $140 million senior secured asset-based financing for Ampere Holdings I B.V.
- $50 million superpriority debtor-in-possession financing for Nine West Holdings, Inc.
- $20 million asset-based receivables financing for Alcami ABL LLC
Mr. Cheng has been recognized for his work in the legal industry:
- IFLR1000 – Banking (US) | Rising Star
- Legal Media Group – Expert Guides – Banking (US) | Rising Star
- “Designated Lender Counsel Arrangements,” Practical Law, The Journal
- “Term Loans and High Yield Bonds: Current Status of the Convergence,” Practical Law, The Journal
- “Judgment Call: Don't become a basket case,” The Deal Pipeline
- “Equity Cure and ECF: Traps and Tricks,” The Deal Pipeline
- “Term Loans and High Yield Bonds: Tracking the Convergence,” Practical Law, The Journal
- Counsel, Davis Polk, 2017-present
- Paul Hastings, 2014-2017
- Shearman & Sterling, 1999-2014
Articles and Books
Designated Lender Counsel Arrangements | Practical Law Finance, August 18, 2016
Term Loans and High Yield Bonds: Current Status of the Convergence | Practical Law Finance, August 8, 2014
Judgment Call: Don't become a basket case | The Deal Pipeline, October 25, 2013