Angela M. Libby
Ms. Libby is an associate in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Restructuring Group. She regularly represents banks, hedge funds, broker-dealers, and corporations in a wide range of corporate restructuring and bankruptcies and in negotiating complex financial transactions.
Ad hoc group of GenOn Energy Inc. noteholders in connection with GenOn’s chapter 11 restructuring and M&A process
Representing Merrill Lynch Commodities in connection with negotiating amendments and superpriority liens related to its derivative exposure in the ExGen Texas Power, LLC. chapter 11 restructuring
- The agent and arranger in connection with an $800 million debtor-in-possession financing and agent for the approximately $2.8 billion pre-petition first lien credit facility in connection with Peabody Energy Corp.’s chapter 11 proceedings
- The agent for Pacific Exploration & Production Corp.’s $1 billion revolver in connection with Pacific’s restructuring, which included a Canadian Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act (“CCAA”) case and a Chapter 15 case
- The agent for the senior term lenders in the successful prepackaged bankruptcy of Key Energy Services
- The secured creditors of JW Aluminum in a comprehensive out of court restructuring, in which the exchanging creditors received new term loans of approximately $136.5 million along with new preferred stock with an initial liquidation preference of approximately $138 million, convertible into 95% of reorganized JW Aluminum’s common stock, and 60% of the pre-conversion common stock of the reorganized company
- The Ad Hoc Group of Bondholders of Puerto Rico’s Government Development Bank in connection with Puerto Rico’s ongoing restructuring efforts
- Numerous hedge funds with respect to their investments in Caesars Entertainment, iHeart Communications, and other complex distressed companies
- The note purchasers, exchanging noteholders and lenders in connection with a $400 million debt out-of-court recapitalization and subsequent chapter 11 proceedings of Venoco, Inc.
- Investors in connection with bonds secured by Schahin II Finance Company (SPV) Limited and secured by the Sertão vessel
- Patriot Coal and its affiliates in connection with their chapter 11 cases
- Pinnacle Airlines and its affiliates in connection with their chapter 11 cases
- Davis Polk since 2011