Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP’s antitrust practice combines broad experience in complex corporate transactions with a sophisticated litigation practice. Our Antitrust & Competition Group consists of over 40 lawyers (including several lawyers ranked by Chambers) who advise clients on diverse matters raising antitrust concerns, including:
- Class Actions
- Criminal and Administrative Investigations
- Enforcement Actions
- Civil Cartel Litigation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Intellectual Property Licensing
- Joint Ventures
- Standard Setting
Companies from around the world, as well as their executives and directors, retain our lawyers for their most significant antitrust matters. Our lawyers can bring to bear substantial government experience on all manner of enforcement actions. We frequently act as coordinating counsel for large defense groups where we have taken the lead in developing and advancing arguments, not only on behalf of our own clients, but also on behalf of large groups of firms. In M&A matters, we have successfully obtained antitrust agency approval in numerous significant recent mergers and joint venture transactions.
We consistently guide our clients through the biggest transactions, high-profile investigations and high-stakes litigations in a broad range of industries.
- We are heavily involved with the widely reported investigations and parallel civil litigation into alleged market collusion, including benchmark (FX, LIBOR, SIBOR, and ISDAfix), credit default swaps, interest rate swaps and treasury market manipulations.
- We act as defense counsel in one of the largest antitrust class actions in the world involving claims of price-fixing of LCD panels.
- Since 2015, we have advised on announced deals whose combined total value exceeds $350 billion.